Greetings...n00b from Alaska!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Spicy McHaggis, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis New Member

Hey all.

I'm a 37 year old Chief in the U.S. Coast Guard, currently stationed in Juneau, Alaska.

I'm a motorcycle freak...have 2 old Honda's back in Michigan, and my garage here in Juneau currently has an '06 KLR650, an '02 TW200 (wifes), and a '76 CB750K...and I'm about to add an Ural GearUp sidecar setup. the near future I plan on building my own motorized bicycle, since that's where motorcycles began...cuz I like the history and the look of the old style rides.

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hey, a Juneauite. Where do you live? I'll have to look you up. You'll like it here, lots of us. Van, we got us another live one. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  3. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

From an ex Alaskan to you, Welcome aboard sir!
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  5. Spicy McHaggis

I'm in the valley, near the glacier...are there REALLY that many here in Juneau??
  6. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Nah, just you and me, and the *unknown Happytimer*. Alaskavan lives in Haines, but that's close enough for me. I'm in Lemon Creek...not too far. Had a few little projects in your area last summer even. Did some work for a retired commander last year too. Name was John if that rings a bell.
  7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to Mbc. Nothing like having another ride near by to go tear up the pavement with.
  8. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Guess I gotta be more specific. It's just you and me in Juneau, but there are lots of great guys on the forum. :oops: Hope you are enjoying the 8 inches of winter wonderland today

9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man and welcome to,as questions,and most importantly have fun.
  10. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome Andy.
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. There are 4 or 5 motored bikes here in Haines. Near as I can tell, I'm the only Member here. Come summer, you guys will have to come up here for a ride.
  12. Spicy McHaggis

I'll be coming through there on the 15th and the 24/25th of June on my Ural GearUp, heading to/from Dawson, Yukon Territory...

Got any spot for a guy to set up a tent for one night?
  13. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

No problem Andy. I'll set you up at The Institute (our clubhouse). Last summer, I met a guy in Skagway who had just finished a 5,000 mile tour of the Arctic on a Ural. Pretty neat machines.

In this post there's some pictures of The Institute:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  15. Spicy McHaggis

Sounds great, I'll let you know when I'm gonna be arriving/departing!

16. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Man Van, I wouldn't want to camp there, I would want to live there. Too cool!
    Spicy Running a Russion machine in original Russion country.
  17. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc