Grubbe 48 cc Intake Leak Revisited:(

gearhead222

Local time
9:54 PM
Using Hondabond twice where the carb hooks up to the intake tube has failed. I do have some Viton O-rings from the nice people at Sick Bike Parts. Should I use this along with Teflon Tape on the intake tube? Also appears that the clutch cable stretched a little and was helping to kill the engine using the clutch lever lock. Thanx for any info, as this is really frustrating me!-Gearhead

Hondabond huh??? What kind of honda's do you drive/own???

clutch lever lock does that for me too. I don't really use it unless I am moving the bike while it isnt running.

As far as the o ring... you need to get an aluminum intake (if you dont already have one on your kit) and file a groove right before the end of the tube for the o-ring to sit in. There is a write up around here somewhere on how to do it if you aren't sure what Im talking about.

Last edited:
Dear GMV-Don't have an aluminum intake. Hondabond is what was used in my Civic tranny rebuild-great stuff! Was told that my mixture may be too lean or that I might have a partially clogged jet. FYI, I switched to a quality NGK spark plug, so that should not be an issue-Gearhead

Back