GRUBEE SKYHAWK GT5A

45u

Local time
10:48 PM
Who has any experience with the Grubee Skyhawk GT5A? Is the quality better then the off brands? Thinking about getting one for my second build.
Thanks
Jeff

Pleased with mine Jeff. 30mph right out of the box.
Improved to 38mph with only some careful sanding of the head.
Vibrations are not bad. Mostly Allen head fasteners.
Head studs are good, other studs fair (better than the other kit), replace all the nuts.
It was a plug and play. power is much better than my "No-Name" engine.
Air filter on all of these is poor if you ride in dust or dirt. Get a better air filter.
Stock carb was jetted close (slightly rich, lowered float to tune).

Far from a Honda or my beloved KTM, I am still pleased with it after a dozen tanks of gas.

Steve

Pleased with mine Jeff. 30mph right out of the box.
Improved to 38mph with only some careful sanding of the head.
Vibrations are not bad. Mostly Allen head fasteners.
Head studs are good, other studs fair (better than the other kit), replace all the nuts.
It was a plug and play. power is much better than my "No-Name" engine.
Air filter on all of these is poor if you ride in dust or dirt. Get a better air filter.
Stock carb was jetted close (slightly rich, lowered float to tune).

Far from a Honda or my beloved KTM, I am still pleased with it after a dozen tanks of gas.

Steve

Thanks Steve the stock carburetor will never be installed. Will be running a Mikuni VM serries 18mm. My second build is going to be my hot rod. LOL
Thanks
Jeff

Just picked up a whole kit with everything I need to mount for $145 shipped. Includes rear sprocket, chain, throttle and so on. Best price I could find.
Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• complete_kit_2_.jpg
    complete_kit_2_.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I'd really like to try one of those PK80 motors from ozarkcruisers. They seem pretty solid for the money. They come with a 40mm engine mount so they would bolt right on to my skyhawk frame. I've heard a lot of good things about em, as I have for the skyhawk motors as well. A decision to be had in the future.

Back