Guide Me Baby!

D

Dug3x3

Ok, remember I know nothing about motored bikes. Except they are cooler then a penguins arse.

1) I am building a two wheel drive bike. Maybe with two Robins eho35's.
It looks like friction drive is the sweet easy way to go , but is this not a good idea because they will slip/fail in a muddy application?? Or are they for the most part a good grip?

2) Is gear box chain drive the ultimate set up that i should be using in this type of bike. (off road use mainly)

3)Is a belt drive the answer for less weight , noise reduction , & maintenance?

Thanks for helping me with my first round of questions. You peoples input is very important to me. cya , doug

:cool:Hey Doug!

:cool:Kenspice just posted the same type of question. He's also a hunter, contemplating a dual engine setup.

I recommended a 25cc/35cc ROBIN/HONDA engine setup to him. With your being a ROBIN distributor, use what ya got! Having a common auxiliary tank with no mixing is a plus.

You might also want to consider ROBIN front and ROBIN frame mount w/GRUBEE WHOPPER STOPPER. That's free up the rear rack and maintain a better balance with full load and trailer.

Or ROBIN front and ROBIN rack-mount. Whether you choose GEBE or STATON gear chain drive is up for discussion.

The options for a dual-engined bike are numerous.

Myron

Thank you for the info. I need to investigate what a grubee whopper stopper is? I have seen the staton gear boxes and that looks sweet. What is a Robin front and frame mount you are talkin about?
I should throw in the mix that i was thinking about buying a walmart bike. Next Avalon? mtn bike. thanks doug

:cool:Hey Doug,

A GRUBEE WHOPPER STOPPER has a cloned 2hp HONDA GX50. It is frame-mounted, along with its "transmission"(aka enclosed jackshaft). Power is then transmitted via chain to the left-side 56t sprocket.

Unsure if STATON or GEBE have front-mounted systems. A search would be in your favor. The ROBIN engines are the ones that'd work well for you. One 25cc ROBIN engine on one wheel, and a 35cc ROBIN engine frame-mounted with WHOPPER-STOPPER. or the ROBIN and STATON gear chain drive can be rack-mounted.

My advice would be not to go cheap on your bike. This setup will produce MUCH more abuse than a single-engine install. I'd suggest buying a gently-used top-quality mountain bike, like CANNONDALE or TREK. Then retrofit the dual drivetrains. The STATON HD hub, wheel and 12-gauge spokes in the rear, and HD wheel w/12-gauge spokes up front.

Top quality v-brakes or disc brakes for sure.

Myron

5-7 is steering you straight. Staton gear/chain can be mounted for the front wheel. If you ride like I do, I would be concerned with spoke breakage with a Gebe. If you're going to get wet or muddy, forget friction (also, friction and knobbies are not compatible). I do some rough riding with my Staton friction, but I can't ride it in wet conditions. I ride a Trek 830 Aluminum.

Thanks guys that catches me up to speed alot. I will look and buy a heavier duty bike . I will also do the heavier wheel , hub & spokes. Do i use a rear wheel on front also so i can have front wheel drive ?? Or can a sprocket be mounted some how to a regular front wheel?
Anyone ever seen the Christini two wheel drive bicycle ? I have seen there motorycycle version at bike shows . Wonder how much there front drive set up is? Could go with one engine that way. Just thinking out load. Thanks again. doug

I'm looking for the pre-loved cannondale or trek. What size bike do big boys ride?? 26" 20" ?? Thanks . doug

anyone who weighs anything rides 26"...it's the size with the most options suited to our motorsport :)

Back