"Gulf Oil spill......." the political aspect

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, May 3, 2010.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

hold on ed... I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't all on purpose. I mean, its not like a multi-billion dollar multinational oil firm like BP wanted the

a) loss of revenue
    b) bad pr
    c)costly cleanup.

and its not like the current admin doesn't like a "good disaster" to catalyze some "good legislation".

Why did it take obama 8 days to respond... and 12 days before the epa website even mentioned the disaster??? Why did lisa jackson go to an earth day ceremony the day the disaster took place??? And by the way, dont you think its a little coincidental that it happened on earth day??? Do you realize the odds of that happening are less than .3%???

I think by now they know how to keep and maintain offshore oil rigs... I bet this could have been avoided. Drilling is not as dirty as the enviromentalists would have us believe. Spewing oil at the drill site is not very cost effective if you think about it... especially when there are VERY heavy penalties for doing so and oil is worth $77 a barrel.

The fact is that the chi-coms, the vietnamese, the indians, and just about everybody else is drilling in the gulf right now. Do you think they care about the "environment"... doubt it.

2. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Vetec, I think your wrong. I think Obama paid the North Koreans to sink it with one of thier subs to take the heat of his health care plan. O.O

Steve.

3. give me vtec

are you just pullin my chain???? Sometimes its hard to tell with you ed.

4. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Yank, Yank, Toot, Toot

Fast"messin with the "V"eddy

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

The accident was the day before "earth day", vtec.

In addition, the depth of the well site, and the actual drilled depth of the well itself, were both right at the ragged limits of the current technology. Very, very few wells have been drilled in deeper waters, and NONE have been drilled as deeply into the earth from such a starting depth.

The blowout occurred at one of the most critically dangerous points in the finishing of any well - at "cementing in". It was almost certainly an accident, and not sabotage. Proving it was NOT sabotage is a logical impossibility - as you know, you cannot prove a negative.

Personally, I think it was yet another example of Murphy's Law - "If it can go wrong, it will - at the worst possible moment."

6. give me vtec

could be true... in fact what you said sounds most probable, but you have to admit the evidence is a bit coincidental.

7. give me vtec

can we at least say that "obama hates white fisherman"???

8. SimpleSimon

You can say anything it pleases you too say. Doesn't make it true. In any case, most of the Gulf Coast commercial fishermen and shrimpers are not white. Black or Asian, most of them, anymore.

9. give me vtec

you dont have a sense of humor do you???

I said that because it took obama 8 days to respond. Bush took like 2 days and the whole of the media said "bush hates black people". The fact is that if bush would have landed the day after katrina... it would have shut down the airports and highways to allow for safe travel of the president... making rescue efforts even that much more difficult. What was obama's excuse for not responding??

I said it to illustrate the hypocrisy of the situation.

10. SimpleSimon

It really doesn't matter, in a disaster scenario, what the putative "leader" of a nation does or does not do, or when he/she does or does not do it.

There will always be finger-pointing blame criers. Fact of the matter is, neither Bush, nor Obama, nor Clinton, nor any previous president has had any special expertise in any natural or man made disaster situation, and their role is - IN My Opinion - best served by soliciting the best advice available from real experts in such a situation, and staying the HE11 out of the way to let those experts deal. At most, supporting the experts with the force of their office is appropriate.

11. SimpleSimon

Oh, and yes, I do have a sense of humor. I just happen too fail to find anything humorous in this disaster. It is already drastically affecting my community, and it is going to get much, much worse. With the cessation of all offshore drilling in the Gulf, men who were scheduled to return to offshore rigs for duty after leave have been told to stay home.

12. give me vtec

you are right on all points simon... i should be more sensitive to those affected by this disaster, and less focused on the politics.

wish we all could see every situation we face with such neutralism and logic.

13. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Vtec the government is telling us that it couldn't happen up here on our off shore wells.
    Seems we have a different type of shut off valve.
    They also said Murphys Law is not practised in Canada so we are doubly safe.

As I said last night there is a race to the Arctic now to plunder that last bit of wilderness.
    Not that I'm a tree hugger either. Just think that they should be putting as much effort into improving other forms of energy.

My old Dad who was raised in the wilds of Canada {the town now has a Wal Mart} always said if we don't take care of the earth we would be sorry because we have no where else to go. This is proving true.

Steve.

14. give me vtec

you are right...

We had a good solution to the nuclear waste issue but good ole harry shut down yucca mountain.

I think that nuclear is by far our best option. If we put up more nuclear facilities the ev thing would make much more sense.... otherwise most of the gain would be lost to thermodynamics as the electricity went from coal-grid-ev.

15. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

could you define tree hugger?because you guys make it sound like its a bad thing.
    i consider myself a tree hugger,because i love nature.
    so i guess im missing something?do you think all tree huggers are vegitarian wack jobs?
    im so fucing ****ed about this oil spill i can bearely think to write.

if i had my way,every oil rig would be out of the water tommorow!
    these fucing cock suckers are getting filthy rich,while we pay higher and higher gas prices!and now where paying with our natural resources.im so ****ing ****ed i cant even exspress it!

mean while i drive a motor vehicle that gets close to 200 miles per gallon.

i say you should only be allowed to drill on land even if it costs us 20 dollars a gallon!period.........

i dont care if we have to go back to using candles.because if we do that it will put alternative energy into hyper speed.

owell..guess we will just keep letting the government and big buisness do what ever they want!!!!

16. give me vtec

are you retarded??? Or are you just so narrow minded you cant see that your little motorbike tank isnt all that $20 gas will affect you???? I wont rant... all I will say is that anything that requires transportation will get exponentially more expensive and harder to find including food and consumable goods.

I like nature too, but you have to keep things in perspective.

17. give me vtec

let me guess eastwood... not for drilling in anwar either???

I got it... lets fill up our cars and run our economy on liberal hopes and dreams. It got a vastly under qualified senator elected to president... so maybe this magical stuff has other uses too.

18. SimpleSimon

Like I said, we NEED a really effective pandemic.

19. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Eastwood04, sorry! Didn't mean to stand on your last raw nerve.

To me, a tree hugger is the person who rides his Flying Pidgeon bicycle{made in China}
    wearing thier spandex riding gear {made in China} who chain themselves to trees because the Purple Titwillow is down to the last 100,00 and one nests at your next door
    neighbours who is cutting down a waxwood cedar. The titwillows favorite nesting place.

The tree huggers diet does not come into play as for as I know.

As for me,I was raised by parent who were stewards of the land. My Mother was one of the most outstanding gardners you would ever meet and at 98 still has a small garden on her deck.

My Dad was raised amongst the Indians in what then, was a very remote part of Canada. He imparted a great reverance for the woods on my brother and I, just as it was passed on to him by the native people.

The family lumber company was run as a sustainable forest products business since the early 1900's until the mid 1950's when plywood took over.

Steve.

20. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

we could start by not sending alaska oil over seas so it can be sold for more money.
    i was fine with drilling in the gulf untill about sixteen days ago when i found out its not as fail safe as they said it was.

so now i say stop.

just wait till you guys have something like this in so cal.

thnx for the retard comment.