Guys, i found larger fuel tanks for rack-mounts!

Well, i received my goped tank, but....

:cool:i received my goped tank i won from ebay. in the box was a billet gas cap tagged $24.88, 2 of the 3 mounting bolts/spacers/nuts which the seller threw in for free, and the goped tank, price tagged 19.88.
the tank SEEMED smaller than i expected 1.5 liters to hold, so i filled a quart-sized measuring cup with water and poured it in. the goped tank took the quart...and nothing more.

it's a 1 liter goped fuel tank, like this one:
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product219.html

shucks, it's NOT a 1.5 liter, but it'll suit my purposes well enough.

i won't complain for $12.51+shipping for $47.16 of merchandise. i'll even give the seller good feedback.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
Myron,

So the tank is about 32 oz., which would increase the range of a 25cc engine like GEBE's by nearly 30%.

I can go about 45 miles now, that would give me nearly 65-70 miles between refuels...."very very interesting" for the 25cc, not enough oooooomph for the trouble on the 33Tanaka.

But I'm lost in the thread, which engine are you putting this on?

And if you already switched it, any hassles? Any pictures?

:cool:well, for me it increases my fuel supply by 145%; the stock tank can almost be filled to the max. since this new one is opaque, the engine will draw from the translucent original tank FIRST. the 32oz aux mounts above and drains into the stock tank. that way, i'll be able to SEE the LAST few ounces of fuel.....

something that young man with the reserve tank cannot do. he sees the FIRST 18oz of fuel, or whatever he can fill;i'll see the last 22oz of a 54oz fuel system..

Added secondary tank for GEBE R/S 35cc

I just finished installing a secondary gas tank for my GEBE R/S 35cc setup so that I can travel longer distances without having to stop for refueling. I took a seatpost mounted bike rack, cut off the rack part, turned it upside down and attached a 2.5 liter gas tank. I drilled a hole in the top front of the stock 22 oz. tank, installed a rubber grommet and fitted the fuel line. I then removed the white vent piece from the stock fuel cap and added an extra rubber gasket to make the tank ventless. The cap didn't want to seal tight with just the stock gasket. With the 22 oz. stock tank, the 2.5 liter vented secondary tank and a 1 quart fuel bottle in my water bottle cage I have a fuel capacity of over a gallon.

Attachments

• aux tank.jpg
    aux tank.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 587
  • aux tank2.jpg
    aux tank2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 500
  • aux tank3.jpg
    aux tank3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 438
:cool:Butch, thanks for the ventless tip. my billet cap requires a vent/valve, so i just need to remove the valve from the original tank,seal it and transfer the valve to my aux tank.

Guys, this time i found a 64oz fuel tank!

:cool:okay guys, this time it's a 2-quart tank:

http://www.piedmontkart.com/product_info.php?products_id=1840

size is 7 1/2" long X 4" wide X 5 1/4" high. with neck and cap, height is 6 1/2".

cost is $26.95, which i believe includes cap and petcock..

i don't need one, but someone here might want one.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what I presume I'm going to have to do for the Tanaka 33 is make a "sub-mounting" frame, to fit the three existing bolt holes to the engine, then mount this, or that liter (50oz) we found elsewhere, to said submount.

Lotta work, but I've got to get more range !!

Thanks 57 for the searching. Just have to figure out which will be easier and more secure-able as a replacement.

Attachments

• PK409.jpg
    PK409.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 397
:cool:so far, STATON'S 96oz tank is the biggest...

unless ya just plumb into a generic red 2-gallon gas tank from WALMART,NAPA,KMART,etc.

Myron

Alaska,
I think that link to the fuel tank is the same one that Butch used on his R/S35. He doesn't say where he got it that I can see...but it looks exactly the same to me. They are $30 plus $7 or $8 for the valve..then whatever shipping is at bike-engines.com. Of course if you need the seat post mount that is another $15-$20....gettin kinda spendy.

Well this seems like the best thread of any to field this question.

I want to carry some extra fuel on my XR75 without piping in an aux tank. I have a water bottle cage bolted to my frame so what size fuel bottle would fit best?
I've found a few vendors that sell airtight camping bottles but I wanted to hold off on buying one until I could hear from people who already have them.

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=55
http://m6.altrec.com/fuel-bottle

Back