gx50 rear gurbee kit install

ryder1666

Local time
7:37 PM
I have no clue how to install the sporkett on my bike it has disk breaks. It makes no sense how it spouse to go on, does anyone know where i could get a better instructions

re install

i will try to help you, if i am rite the disk brake on the rear, is on the other side of the drive chain side, then no you can not do a install. rear chain drive for the motor is meant to install the engine drive gear on that side. there is no wheel with disk brake a pedal drive on the same side. you could install v-brake if the bike has mounts on the read down tubes and remove the disk. the other way to do the install is with a jackshaft kit for two stroke motors only. hope this gives you some direction :sick::sick:

So I spent 900 bucks and a bike with disk breaks and 700 bucks on a rear mounted Honda engine kit and it wont work. Boy am I ****ed off. So should this work If I buy a bike with normal squeeze breaks. or would it be cheaper and more logical if I bought a friction drive kit to work with the Honda gx50 engine and gear box.

anymore solutions I swear Ive seen full suspension bikes with disk breaks working with this kit on happy cycle

install woes

yah i am sure there mite be another solution just have to look at your options that may be out there. and yes i have a full suspension bike with disc butt has a custom rear hub. so yes it is something that can be done, butt custom work.

...or you could contact Kings Sales and Service and buy a top hat adapter for $37.50...

So I spent 900 bucks and a bike with disk breaks and 700 bucks on a rear mounted Honda engine kit and it wont work. Boy am I ****ed off. So should this work If I buy a bike with normal squeeze breaks. or would it be cheaper and more logical if I bought a friction drive kit to work with the Honda gx50 engine and gear box.

HoughMade's advice seems the best bet. You could also use a coaster hub if you have no V-brake bosses on your rear seat stays. I don't mean to chide you but anyone here would have told you about the disc brake problem with a frame-mounted engine. The kit supplier would have told you if you had asked him unless he was being dishonest. Good news is $40 will see you up and running.

Back