Stolen Hang em High in Lancaster, PA

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by bamabikeguy, May 4, 2009.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/2009/05/04/news/doc49ff30d399559219061936.txt

I had a pressure washer stolen, knew the cops weren't doing anything, and found it at an "unlicenced" pawnbroker/run down grocery store on the bad side of town.

Put the word out on your own, if your bike is stolen, and pawn shops is a place to start.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

You sure did catch my attention...

BamaBikeGuy, you sure did catch my attention with that article (since I'm from Lancaster County), but the article is on events that happened a whole lot closer to Philadelphia.
    That's good information to check pawn shops for stolen bikes. These crooks generally won't waste the time trying to sell the bike on Craigslist. They want to turn it into cash ASAP.

3. mikedabomb

mikedabomb Member

Also in PA and this scares me, I know how much of a false security locks can be and people love stealing stuff when you can't watch it lol.

4. 2old2learn

2old2learn Member

Just mount a titanium sabot with fold out blades like hunting arrows have, into the seat post, launchable by cellular control with an explosive launch charge. Designed to penetrate the seat and into and through whatever is seated on it. Should create a 3 inch wide wound channel and probably seperate the spinal cord.

Alternatively, a cellular controlled or auto lockup of the front brake upon reaching a preset speed so the bike will cause a high speed face plant.

Both a bit cruel, but in the age of our founding colonies prior to our constitution, the penalty for stealing a mans horse (ride), was hanging. From arrest to conviction to hanging, no more than 90 days. There were no prisons. The crime rate was very low!

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Would you feel comfortable sitting on your seat knowing there is an arrow ready to explode up into your azs?

6. 2old2learn

2old2learn Member

Will have to make that trigger device foolproof! I like that front brake face plant idea too. I normally use cable locks through both wheels and a heavier cable lock through the rear tire and frame that passes through the first cable lock. Dual kill switches turned off and the gas shut off and the choke turned on. Amateurs will be deterred.

Nice thing about being an outdoorsman and spending half a lifetime in the deep forests of the South, I know where to hide the bodies!

7. mikedabomb

mikedabomb Member

I like the cable lock through both tires and messing with the engine method, but does anyone have an idea of what component is easy to take off and render the bike not able to be pedaled? I would guess these motorized bikes just get pedaled away (after locks are defeated) and they don't bother with the engine.

8. 2old2learn

2old2learn Member

Just pop off the front tire.