happy to be here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pedler, May 4, 2008.

1. pedler

pedler New Member

Hello all. I am happy to say that I am finally embarking on my first project. First things first, I am going to check out a bike today, a Nirve cruiser (http://albany.craigslist.org/bik/666401648.html). Anyone ever think about converting one of these? I may have questions about the frame. Should I post them in the parts and accesories list?

oh yeah, despite my education I am a terrible speller!! I left an "a" out of my login name. I prefer cycling to hawking and the absence of an "a" is meaningful in this regard! Any way to change it? I tried to sign up again but was told that my email was already in use despite having not completed the registration process. Can/should I quit the group and return as Pedaler? If so how do I do that?

Sorry for the problematic start folks. I am looking forward to joining!

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Well, I don't suppose the "A" matters very much. But if you'd prefer to have it in, then it's probably do-able. You might need the help of the guy who got this started. His log-in name is Tom. He shouldn't be hard to find.

But then "a rose by any other name would still smell like a flower" or something like that :)

Anyway, welcome. That's a great looking bike. And you'll have a blast.
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

We all blaem it on fat fingers. Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!
  5. pedler

pedler New Member

Howdy yall! Yeah I scored the Nirve today! She's "big-boned" for sure and requires a bit more energy/momentum to pull a u-turn than I am accustomed to, but gives a forgiving floating ride. Smoooooooooth. It was my first time riding on a fat-*** cruiser like this. I may like the ride on my wife's comfort bike better, but this baby is screaming "70cc"!

Thanks for the Nirve search advice. The build out pointed to is totally sweet. I think I may have a few things in common with the switchblade crowd. Not least, working off the Sturmey hub....
  6. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Pedler. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:}
    Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
  7. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

8. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to the forum pedler...good luck and happy motoring!
  9. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome pedler! Good luck with your project. I have 2 of the Nirve Switchblades. I am sure you will have a blast. Peace.