Engine Trouble happytimes will not start

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by DoIt AllPauls, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

I purchased a MB with a 2 stroke engine on it.
    I changed the oil and spark plug and cleaned the carb.
    it will start but gos to full throttle and there's no spring back in the throttle handle.
    with or with out the clutch engaged, can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong.

What have I done wrong?:(:ack2::(:ack2::(:sweatdrop::sweatdrop::sweatdrop::sweatdrop::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

what it sould like to me is your carb is stuck wide open .
    open the carb where the throttle cable goes, the little borrow with the pin sticking out of it make sure the little pin is in the hole. See if that fix the problum.
  3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

these carbs are simple - look at the thread about assembling them - your slide is stuck or your throttle cable is stuck
  4. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

That fixed it

As always you were right,
    I thought the pin would just go into the whole never dreamed you would have to mess with it to get it to go in the whole,
    I guess that's why I'm here I'm a newbie.

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You've got no idea how much i want to write the reply that i want to write, but somehow the moderators would get to the ban button before i can evade their actions :devilish:
  6. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Paul never was to smart when it comes to engines, Now give him a hammer and nails we can build almost anything .

That is except a MB:jester::devilish:
  7. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

Ha Ha Ha real funny Sam, before I know it you will have Fabian doing what you do and PM me on how big of a dumb Ass I am.
    Don't worry I know it's all in fun, so PM a way
    I know I should of know better, just was not thanking.

Got the 2 stroke kit with a bike for $85.00 had to do some work but its running now had to spend the cost of some form a gasket.
    I'll find my camera post pictures of it that is unless i sell it first got it in my front yard with a $175.00 on it .
    Do you thank that is asking to much for a old 70's 10 speed with a 4-5 year old kit on it
    I do not thank it has to many miles on it looked as if it was in the garage for years over in the rich part of Dallas..

The chain has popped off 2 times but I thank I got it fixed even with out yawls help, or so I hope, if not I'll post.
  8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

No, no, no, that's not my style

I send people more information than they can cope with and when they've finished reading their head hurts from the study material, but they have a significantly increased knowledge base to work with.
  9. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member