Harbor freight 212cc engines

They're Chinese, predator is the brand I think sold at Harbor Freight. Dirt the seller I linked to doesn't know if they run or not at that price. It's a crap shoot at best. Parts motor is what they should be considered. Some times you just get lucky though. You put one of those on a bike you better make sure your life insurance is paid in full, 212cc on a bicycle! Some guys here have done it and they are nice. Gotta beef up the whole drive train and make sure your brakes are up to snuff. I wouldn't do one that big but some do.............

Last edited:
I've put a predator 212cc on a bike before, they make too much torque for a typical bicycle wheel. you'll eat through anything under 3 inches wide in about 20 miles

Wonder what you would you pay for piston and rings if you were lucky and the cylinder walls were salvageable.

Good info Darwin but I would be thinking:

New engine $100
minus 25% coupon $75 for new engine or $56.33 for this one including shipping equals $18.67 saved .

New rings $18.67 and time to fix engine if rings are the only problem.

$0 break even ...

Well, I did. I asked someone in management at Harbor Freight if I could use the 25% coupon on a 79cc engine which was on sale for $99.99 and he said, "Yes."

That's cool....here they won't let you use the discount on sale items..that means nearly half the store....oh well

Back