Harbor freight 212cc engines

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by darwin, Dec 6, 2014.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

2. dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior Member

Who makes the HF engines

3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

They're Chinese, predator is the brand I think sold at Harbor Freight. Dirt the seller I linked to doesn't know if they run or not at that price. It's a crap shoot at best. Parts motor is what they should be considered. Some times you just get lucky though. You put one of those on a bike you better make sure your life insurance is paid in full, 212cc on a bicycle! Some guys here have done it and they are nice. Gotta beef up the whole drive train and make sure your brakes are up to snuff. I wouldn't do one that big but some do.............

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I've put a predator 212cc on a bike before, they make too much torque for a typical bicycle wheel. you'll eat through anything under 3 inches wide in about 20 miles

5. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

212cc is a motorcycle!

6. birdmannn101

birdmannn101 Member

Wonder what you would you pay for piston and rings if you were lucky and the cylinder walls were salvageable.

Good info Darwin but I would be thinking:

New engine $100
    minus 25% coupon $75 for new engine or $56.33 for this one including shipping equals $18.67 saved .

New rings $18.67 and time to fix engine if rings are the only problem.

$0 break even ...

7. Racie35

Racie35 Member

You cannot use the 25% coupon on anything on sale...so the engines are $99

8. birdmannn101

birdmannn101 Member

Well, I did. I asked someone in management at Harbor Freight if I could use the 25% coupon on a 79cc engine which was on sale for $99.99 and he said, "Yes."

9. Racie35

Racie35 Member

That's cool....here they won't let you use the discount on sale items..that means nearly half the store....oh well

10. james65

james65 Member

What is the HP rating of the 212cc engine?

11. Racie35

Racie35 Member

12. birdmannn101

birdmannn101 Member

It's 6.5 HP on the 212 engine.

Now they don't have the 25% off coupon, just the 20% off and it is still good on discounted engines.

13. james65

james65 Member

Would you know the HP rating for the 79 & 99cc Harbor Freight engines?

14. butre

butre Well-Known Member

the 79cc is 3 HP, the 99 was I believe 3.5 hp but it hasn't been available for a long time.

15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

That vendor I linked to has a boat load of those predators. He must have a deal with HF to buy their warranty return motors.

16. james65

james65 Member

Thx
    Jim E

17. Imthegrt1

Imthegrt1 Member

I have 3 times this year used the coupon and got my motor for 75.00.
    Here in Louisville .

18. james65

james65 Member

The coupons that I have list several items that the coupon does not cover. Peaditor power is one of the listed items. Perhaps I'll try it any way, I don't have to purchase if they balk!