Harley powered Motoredbike

;)
NostagiaLeftSideC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a nice looking bike is the motor a machup? that can't be real. too cool

nostalgiariders bike

I'm new to the site but found these posts on my custom built chopper bicycle. If any of you have questions about the bike lets talk!! Bob

nostalgiariders bike

Dan: Thanks for the input on my bike. For all the people of motoredbikes i did a concept drawing of what i thought a chopper bicycle should look like. While most chopper bicycles still look like bicycles i wanted mine to look like a chopper motorcycle. I wanted the bike to deceive you into thinking it was a motorcycle thus the name of the bike DECEIVER. Believe me this bike has deceived alot of people. The bike is completely hand built with a 1" steel tube frame. The tank area is fiberglass and the battery area is hand formed steel. The complete front end is aluminum as are the wheels from Quickspeed. The front fender is a 1950's Monark Super Deluxe rear fender and the rear fender is a front motorcycle builders fender. The hideaway kickstand is stainless steel. The custom built motor is all aluminum and individual pieces. The block and transmission are 3 pieces of 3/16 aluminum welded together with a 1/4" radius on the edges. The cylinder spacer pieces are 1/4" aluminum and the cylinder fin pieces are 1/8" aluminum. All the cyclinder pieces were drawn, cad, and then laser cut. The side cover pieces started out as 1 1/2" thick blocks of aluminum and were cnc'd to the final outcome. The rocker covers were also large chunks of aluminum and cnc'd to the final outcome with my Nostalgiariders logo engraved into the rocker covers. The exhaust and velocity carbs are custom built from stainless steel. Check out the custom built all aluminum free floating chainguard. (no brackets?) The handle bars are 1" steel tube and the grips and pedals are custom built from aluminum. The paint is PPG orange glow candy sprayed over several different colors of base and the white is PPG custard. This bike took me a year to build with no stones left unturned. I guarantee that this bike has more handbuilt parts than most of the custom built bikes you see on T.V. I hope this will answer some of the questions that you all have. I wish that you all could see this bike LIVE as pictures just dont do it justice. I will be showing the bike again at the Goodguys show in Pleasanton California on 8/24-25-26.Thanks for your interest. Bob aka Nostalgiariders

Bob, have you (and you can tell me nick off if you like) some kind of frame diagram i could use to make my own frame based on yours?

Chopper: All i have is the full scale concept drawing but i'm sure we could figure something out. Some of the bends on this frame were very difficult due to they were bent in 2 different directions. Most people will not go the extreme that i did to get the flow of the bike correct as they usually only bend in one direction. I have no problem with you wanting to use a frame similar to mine. Thanks for your interest. Bob

Back