Has anyone bought this friction drive kit????

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by fall_down_stand_up, Apr 1, 2011.

1. ratdoggg

ratdoggg Member

Hi,
    Do you think that this is the same as a Harbor Freight engine?

2. If you click on the pictures of both engines to make them full size and look closely they look to be exact,from the pull start location to the carb,to the plastic housing to everything....Same with the the monster engine and BGF engine....
    John

3. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

im ordering one of these engines in the next to weeks hope they are good cause thats all i got to ride to work besides my china doll motors in the frame i gotta go 50 miles round trip

4. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Good luck to ya brother!

5. I drive 20 miles round trip myself and need a reliable engine to use....I think the best bet is a rackmount....My china girl HT is just not reliable enough....
    John

6. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

My round trip ride is half of yours. I only ride 5 miles each way. Been doing this now for about 2 years (during late spring thru mid-fall) and haven't had any major problems yet. (knock on wood)

7. lowracer

lowracer Member

For less than a hundred more, you can get a Subaru Robin EH035 from Staton & never have to mix oil & gas. Also runs like a top & produced in Japan.
    I get 32 mph from a BMP friction kit (getting aero) & lots of MPG's.
    -Lowracer-

8. Thats what I want to get is a 4 stroke subaru friction drive....I hear nothing but good things about them....
    John

9. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

well im starting with this kit and when bmp opens back up in june im getting a kit from him and then putting on a monster 52cc with a belt drive this is just to get me going so i dont loose my job

10. What kind of motor and kit are you running on yours????
    John

11. lowracer

lowracer Member

wbuttry,
    I had converted a BMP kit to VBelt drive & have a few threads about the conversion setup.
    Works real well as a belt drive with a bit more top speed but a bit less acceleration off the line. I since converted it back to friction drive & like its simplicity. Using meaty beach cruiser tires & filed the points off the friction roller, the friction drive isnt eating my tire as I thought it could. If riding in wet conditions, dont go friction, definitely go vbelt...
    -Lowracer-

12. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

i think since im gonna use it for going and coming from work 25 miles each way the v belt sounds like the way to go i dont go back till fall full time rite now it is hit and miss im a inspector for the missouri dept of agriculture so i work all winter and off all summer and most of spring so im able to do trips on them i just need reliabilty above all speed is ok i dont wanna get some where and half to worry about blowing a motor or something screwing up majorly you know what i mean i went over my bike real good and done preventive maintence on all of it so it is ready for what ever i can throw at it i got a 2 stroke 49 cc motor rite now maybe after a couple weeks back at work i can get me a good 4 stroke motor 25 mph is fine with me as long as reliabilty is there.......