has anyone ever tried putting a large engine on bike?

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by astring, Jun 8, 2008.

1. astring

astring Member

2. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

SlicerDicer put a 162cc engine on his bike. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5781&highlight=wisconsin

Also check out the whizzers they have big engine like that too.

A V-twin would be awesome though. I would take those plastics off, run a straight exhaust pipe and mount it on a schwinn stingray! I doubt pedals would be an option though.

Heres one that was on eBay not long ago. Its basically what I was just talking about.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

4. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

5. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

I'm planning a 148cc Briggs&Stratton 3.5HP engine on a bike trailer made from a handtruck
  6. butch27

butch27 Guest

Better buy some GOOD strong rims. Bike wheels aren't made for the kind of speed you will get. Worksman ??
  7. stude13

stude13 Active Member

ive got a hot v6, interested?
  8. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea Ive got a cummins turbo we can rig up on a huffy, only problem I forsee is the fuel tank to supply the 500 gals it will need. Well call it the SHAKER! Who ever drives this puppy must have life insurance!
  9. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

I tried it. Never really ran it under power, pedaled it around some to check the balance. Not bad, but it occurred to me that I'd never be able to change the rear tire out on the road and gave up. Still have the motor and Torq-A-Verter for sale: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6363
    would take $250.

Attached Files:

10. djase10

djase10 Guest

i cant stop laughing ,
    when ya think you've seen it all ..
    thats crazy mate, good 1.
  11. still have to sort out chain and exhaust on mine. :grin:

Attached Files:

12. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

Wow that is a big bicycle!