Chain Tensioner has anyone tried this style chain tensioner?

My current tensioner is shot and i'm looking at upgrading to the 4 bolt style. (http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/bike_motor_engine_idler_pulley.html)
Has anyone installed this setup? If so is it more rigid than the stock 2 bolt setup?
No, and I'm sure it is more rigid, and it will most likely hold better. What I don't like about that and stock ones is that they really don't line up the chain correctly without putting a bend in them. The bar is not perpendicular to the sprocket. My thoughts....

Tensioner problems

I've had the same problems with my stock one bolt tensioner and i finally just made my own after much searching the net for a good one. Its not that hard and i used the stock roller for this. Just need to find a way the lock it in place since i have to check it before every ride just to make sure its tight enough. I've broken a lot of chains because of the tensioner. So here are a couple pictures of mine hope they upload ok. Good luck

Attachments

• tensioner.jpg
    tensioner.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 419
  • tensioner1.jpg
    tensioner1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 458
I think we can all agree and say that the stock tensioners are lacking quality and functionality. The 4 bolt style seems like the best option. I was constantly fudging my tensioner to make sure the chain was lined up correctly. (It often slipped back in to a bad position).

Thanks for the uploaded pics! It looks like you have a very rigid tensioner. I always check my chain tension before each ride. I always carry a 14mm wrench just in case ;)

I've got one on mine. Works pretty good.
I think I need to move it closer to the wheel since it's almost at the end of it's travel, but other than that, works good. :)

The 4 bolt style seems like the best option. I was constantly fudging my tensioner to make sure the chain was lined up correctly. (It often slipped back in to a bad position).

Not so, there are better options, but not as inexpensive. Both of these are sold on fleabay...not by me.

Just a thought. Take an old bike tire tube and use it between the tensioner and the bike frame to keep it more secure. I think the bike tube could be used in a lot of places on MB's. For my next build I will use the tube in my motor mounts

Just a thought. Take an old bike tire tube and use it between the tensioner and the bike frame to keep it more secure. I think the bike tube could be used in a lot of places on MB's. For my next build I will use the tube in my motor mounts

That is one place not to insulate.

Back