Carby has anyone tryed puting a walbro carb on an GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by rustygod420, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

i have a tuneable walbro carb and id like to know how and if i can use it on my GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc

2. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

i am presently working on the same thing.
    what size /model walbro you plan on using?
    a friend gave me a boxful to pick through,he does chainsaw/trimmer repairs.
    i made the base plate,drilled the impulse hole and cut a gasket.
    its steel,about 5/8" thick so i can drill and tap for carb and cable controls.
    i will be using a short pipe and a section of hose to graft it onto existing manifold.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  3. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

its for a go pad , and i made an intake tube out of some tube steel and sheet metal, mount it , and man it looks kool but im not sure if it has a return line or what l

4. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

ok,what model is the carb?
    this will help.
    there are letters on the side,like hda,or hdc.
    some carbs arent big enough to run a 66 cc engine.
    the second line is for impulse to run fuel pump,you can achieve the pulse from the intake manifold,methinks.

5. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

all i se is "WT 051
    813a

6. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

http://www.walbro.com/brochurefiles/3368437154-Diaphragm broch final 12-16-03.pdf

this is a link to the walbro brochure,defining models.
    the one you have is for displacements 14-50 cc engines.might be a little lean.
    if you could get yoour hands on an HDA carb,its good to 60cc's
    the ideal is a WJ,good for 50-100cc's.i will be taking pics of my mock-up when i get a chance.
    i'm going to dig around another site,there is a diaphram kit to put on a bike.it should accept a walbro carb.

thatsdax.com has a kit for four stroke motors,i'm not sure why it wouldnt work on a two stroke.
    19.99 just add carb.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  7. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

hahaha made my intake an inch to long have to cut the welds and knock and inch off and try agin, pics as soon as its on the bike

8. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

I DID IT !!!!!!! and i have pics

9. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

where??
    i wanna see!!

10. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

just go to my profile look at my album called homegrown parts ,

11. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

looks good,did you run it yet?
    i am curious to see what the end result is.
    i been too busy to work on mine,working on my homegrown pull-type mower.i drag a second mower behind to get an eight foot cut.9 acres takes too long.

12. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

i did run it alil, i had not hand contorls yet , it revd right up nice and quick,and didnt sem so shakey as befor,and as for your mower , thats cool as ****

13. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

took it for a ride last nite tons!!! smoother power from low end on up BUT !!!! its not 100% my impluse line came out makeing for a ify ride back home

14. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

i'll be working on mine this weekend,hopefully a test ride sunday.

15. rustygod420

rustygod420 New Member

it revs great smooth power , but the carb i have is in fact to small and i had to use a hose clamp around the pluse tube to keed it in but i will be gettint the right size carb, then unlike my stock carb no more bowl drian at top end drawn out runs

16. vermhot

vermhot Member

Do you need that intake that long ??!!!

17. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

Rusty... for one that intake is way too long, it won't idle for ****, for two the line you have hooked up to the manifold is the fuel return fitting not the pulse line. The walbro wt813 is manifold pulsed, you will have to add a barbed fitting to the metering plate to get it pulsed. If that runs at all I bet you wondering why it dies after a lil full throttle. Its not pumping fuel. your setup won't pulse from the manifold, you need to drill your head down into the crankcase for the pulse in any carb you use. You should look at getting a hda-223 it will work good for ya and the plastic manifold will work on the china girl engines after you drill the pulse hole.

18. dchevygod

dchevygod Member