Having 2nd thoughts about my purchase

Japat,
A soon as we have enough members to go to congress then maybe we will stand a chance. Cmon Tom and Augie. Get us some more stickers. The new fancy ones!
Doc

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the group :)

There isnt that much difference riding a cyclemotor as to riding a cycle.

The thing is that you need to learn confidence. I was lucky with that I guess as I have ridden alot in my years - and university towns are among the most lethal in the UK...lol

It does sound like you brought something overpowered, the first few times I have been out on the bike I did very short runs on quiet roads, getting used to the machine...

good luck & happy buzzing...

Jemma xx

Yes, but I think it's very dangerous.

(This reply is in response to doc's post about riding with the traffic being legal.) Being legal doesn't mean much if you're hit by a careless driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, if you were to get lots of reflectors and lights, you would be as safe or safer than most motorcycles and if you are talking about city traffic you should be just fine as long as they can see you well.
You should even get a bright windbraker jacket to wear.
Doc

You have the power to decide how fast or slow your car goes, so you also have the power to control how fast your bike goes, especailly once you are familiar with it. The two major roads by my house never have bikes on them, it's just too dangerous. The corner curbs all now have the wheel chair acessable ramp, but it points directly at the street and has curbs on both sides instead of those nice wide smooth radial ramps. I'd break my neck trying to get on the sidewalk. I spent a Saturday afternoon getting used to my bike, discovering the city I live in in a whole new way, and finding the side streets with less traffic, and fewest stop signs.
Even going slow you are going faster than most "cagers" expect so you have to drive defensively.
will they let you exchange it for a smaller one?

Thanks alot Scottm for scaring the bajeebers out of her!
She needs a little confidence and practice. Even if she was driving a V8 MB, it still falls in the catagory of throttle and brakes.
It's just a little time to get used to it.
Take it out in the country and have some fun until you feel comfortable on it.
Doc's Best to ya

My most sincere apologies if I frightened anyone. I would never want to spook someone off from the love of motored bikes. It's more than transportation, it's a blast. I never the knew the impact this would have on an old TV junkie. Now TV is boring and all I want to do is ride my bike and learn more.
You'll do fine Mary, be patient and get comfy with your bike.

Think hard about your choice of routes. The busiest streets are busy because that is the best way for CARS to travel. When you are not driving a car, there are likely better routes to use.

Seriously, now that I have a mb I cannot understand why everyone doesnt. My bike is ideal for short trips and uses just drops of gas per trip.
Mary,
You can ride with traffic in your area. I do it all the time here on the city one way streets and streets without a bike lane. Consider alterate routes to your destinations with less traffic.

Back