Engine Trouble Head cover crack

Redbiker

Local time
4:55 AM
I have a crack that goes through the head cover around the heatsink fins upto the sparkplug. Standard head 80cc. Ordered a slanthead from kings anything i should look out for?

Took cover off and it goes all the way through cup. Lost compression noticed alot of gas mix in carb air filter. Hopefully piston not damaged.. was in break in stage about 50 miles or so on it, may have ran it abit hard using 16/1 mix ratio briggs and straton 2 stroke oil

I'd guess that it was a factory defect rather than anything you did. Air filter on a 2-stroke will always get pretty wet.

I'd guess that it was a factory defect rather than anything you did. Air filter on a 2-stroke will always get pretty wet.
Not if your carb is level and the float set right.
That won't crack your head however
What motor exactly are you running

Can't really offer any more help without seeing the thing, but FYI, there is no such thing as an 80cc, they are 66cc so it would behoove you to refer to as such.

get a centre fire head. at least, thats my heartfelt opinion. slant heads are ....erm...wheres that icon? here it is! :poop: (it keeps changing! :giggle:)

as for the crack...as mentioned... manufacturing defect. nothing else can do it.

Back