heading out to "detroit of thailand"

crassius

Local time
5:42 PM
Next month, I'll be heading out for a couple months in Chon Buri. This is where many countries sub out their manufacturing for machine parts.

Anyone know if any parts for HT motors & kits might be coming from there?

No idea about the parts, but if you are going to Thailand, make sure you stop off in Phuket for a bit of R&R with all the extras thrown in.

The south western area has some picturesque beaches. The central western area has everything you could want. The north western area has a more isolated; less tourist orientated feel to it.
If that's not you cup of tea, then hire a scooter and try to keep up with the Thai scooter taxis - those guys are suicidal and will have you dripping with sweat; the sweat you only get when facing fear; the fear of real and impending death at every turn - """i love it"""; in fact it's so good that i'm going back to Phuket for my third year in a row.

been going there since 1967 - since 1995, was doing two 60day trips a year until health issues put a stop to it in 2009

this is first trip since - usually just do Pattaya these days, but the Chon Buri area is just 25 kliks from there

I can't imagine what kind of attractions Pattaya has in store for the keen foreign tourist. It must be frustrating that health issues prevent you from really putting your back into the swing of things ;-)

Pattaya kind of splits the difference between BKK and Phuket. Yes, I intend to relieve those frustrations as best as I can manage : )

Back