Headlights ?

hammerforge

Local time
3:36 PM
Hi!

I am a newbie who is building my first bike. Eventually when I have free time I intend to build my own headlight system to fit into a halloween skull.

Unfotunately I do not have the time right now. Does anyone in this forum have reccomenations regarding headlights that they would reccomend and which I can acquire at a reasonable price (<$20) as a stopgap measure?

for real - headlight in a halloween skull ?

be sure to have all of your paperwork ready
stating that you are legal in all areas

just my opinion -- things looking such as that -- may be reason
for a pull over from the pooolice

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Thanks, but I think you both missed the question. I will not have the time to add the skull until some time in December. I work and go to school full time.

I was hoping that some of you who have had experience with building these things might reccomend an inexpensive but dependable headlight I could purchase for use in the interinm...

hammerforge -- sorry bout that -- missed your question

I am just using a cheap Cat Eye headlight from WalMart

for what it is -- it's a fair (little) light

is it safe ?? at low speed -- maybe..

if you do some research on this site -- should find what you are looking for...

Happy Safe Riding from - Mountainman

I've used cheap ($1.50) flashlights. 2 intertwined hose clamps and strips of old inner tube as bushings will get them mounted on your handlebars. They don't last long, but they are easily replaced. 2 of them mounted on the handlebars is more than enough for a pedal bike. For a motored bike, 4 is pretty much mandatory.

This will get you by while you decide on (and save up for) a good light system.
but you should hurry. If you are motorized, you really should have SERIOUS lights.

Back