Heads up Alaska, this family of 5 is headed your way

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bamabikeguy, Feb 13, 2010.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I think it was a CNN story, about this on the road family with a $300 budget.

When I saw this on the news yesterday, alls I could see was a 150 mpg 4 stroke on back !!

I put it in another thread, thought the concept might invigorate some Green Door considerations.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010

2. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Very cool!!! Thanks for posting this.
  3. bamabikeguy

You can follow along on their website:

The last entry says:

So it appears all you left coasters would have a chance to get your picture took with the adventurers, (which would be pretty cool, when you think about it).

5 MB.celebrity points: to the 1st to get a pedouin handshake on digifilm.
  4. Pablo

Sick Bikes made a donation. Hope to see them up this way!
  5. bamabikeguy

Pablo takes the quick points lead, a jackrabbit start right out of the gate.

I posted a contact on their site, inviting them to keep us apprised.
    Shall we say, if 2 or more MBers get in a Pedouin family photoshoot, it's worth 10-15 points, (based on how many get in the lensframe??)
  6. Pablo

They sent me an email. Pretty cool.
  7. augidog

augidog Banned

and the winner is...

dammit bama...i miss you so much right now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  8. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

“5 MB.celebrity points: to the 1st to get a pedouin handshake on digifilm.” Bamabikeguy
    In Bama’s absence I will keep track of the points.
    Augi, you have the 5.
    You also recieve another 5 for the sticker they are sporting.
    If you can get a pic with cargo master and others that are there it is (if I read the rules right) 5 points per Mbcer in the Pic.
    I will add points for the number of pedouins. If you get five shaking five hands it is 50 points.
    I will research later as there may be points for donations to them, so we can all compete even if we have missed our chance at meeting them.

Off topic comment: I am positive that Bama pauses in his ride each day and smiles while watching Augi on his trip.
    We miss you Bama!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  9. augidog

augidog Banned

good luck calculating these points daryl :D

what a bonus to my trip, this is one cool family to know: www.pedouins.org

Attached Files:

10. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Ok...You have the 5 for the handshake, 5 for the sticker on the bike. Not to be a stickler for the rules but there is no handshaking in the group shot, but you are awarded 15 points for the sheer cuteness of the little one in your arms. Total of 25. I am still researching the points for supporting this awsome family with donations.
  11. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

wow!i cant believe you met up wth them augi!wow!
  12. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Very cool augi. As your adventure of a lifetime continues, please keep the reports and pictures coming.