Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by raym, Apr 17, 2008.

1. raym

raym New Member

Ray here from sunny seattle washington. Long-time motorcycle/scooter/snowmobile/etc. person. Now that I live within striking distance of my employer, I've been contemplating putting together a motorized bike for my commute.

I cobbled together an (admittedly) scary chainsaw motored rig, and now I'm looking at doing it the right way!

Looking forwards to it!

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Hi Ray,
    You'll like it here. Fun and very informative. I'm pretty new also. And the help I've received made such a difference. It's great.
    If you've got photos of your chainsaw motor bike, we'd be interested in seeing them
  3. graucho

graucho Active Member

4. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Welcome to MBc, Ray! I'm as curious as Bluegoat is about the chainsaw bike. Do you have any photos to post?
  6. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

7. raym

raym New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

thanks for the great welcome!

Sorry, no pics of the chainsaw rig. The wife stole the motor back for the fall cleanup last year. It was pretty rudimentary - a skateboard wheel mounted to the output shaft of the motor provided rear wheel drive. It was mounted on a platform made of angle iron attached to the rear of the seatpost and the chainstays. I used an old remote choke lever and cable from a moto guzzi scooter to control throttle.

I think I still have the platform in the garage. Maybe I'll resurrect it now that spring is here. :grin:

8. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

Welcome aboard, Ray! Glad to have you here.

9. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to another PNW rider! wow! have fun with your new project and if you get some pictures of your new build do post in picture gallery...again welcome to MBc! happy motoring!