hello all

peppy

Local time
5:41 AM
hello gang ,im peppy and new to the motorized bike world,so new in fact that im awaiting the arival of my first kit. just wanted to say hello and let you all know i will prpbably ask a bizillion questions and i apologize ahead of time for my ignorance,but im looking forward to joining this community and looking forward to taking my forst ride as well.

Welcome to MBc, Peppy. We are glad to have you. Even before your first kit arrives, may I give you a little advice? First thing I do when I get a new kit, is check the nuts and bolts (especially the bolts holding the motor mount.) If they do not look 'first rate', go down to your local hardware store and replace them with grade 8's...the hardware guy will help you. There are only a few of them, so they won't cost much. Cheap nuts and bolts are the major cause of frustration and an unhappy build. The other thing to check is the chain tensioner...if it looks flimzy, or just won't bolt up tightly, replace it. They are only a few bucks, and will be well worth it if the cheap one would have wound up in the spokes, or locked up one end of a broken chain while the rest whipped around causing more damage to you and your bike until the engine quit. I hate to sound 'negative', but nobody wants to see you get hurt.

If you check those nuts and bolts, and the chain tensioner, I'm sure you will have a trouble free build that you will be proud of. Be sure to keep us posted with how things are going, w/lots of pics. Good luck to you, Peppy...God Bless. btw, from where did you order your engine kit?

Back