Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kep1a, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Kep1a

Kep1a Guest

Hello all,

I have been reading these forums for a while. I decided to join and participate. I have been smitten by the MPG and the almost subculture status of a motorized bike.

I picked up a motorized Schwinn beach cruiser and found it to be fun and efficient. My 5'2" wife said she wanted one too now. Finding a bike to fit her and accept an engine proved to be more of a challenge than I ever imagined. I stumbled upon a Schwinn OCC with a motor kit already on it. It fit her well and she liked the riding position. We got it and I'm going through it to make it as reliable and safe as possible.

I began to realize the chopper was very cool and fun but just too small for me to even consider. I was honestly jealous and wanted a chopper too. A friend of mine said he saw a cool bike on E-bay while looking for a springer fork for his chopper motorcycle. He said the name Spoiler came to mind. A quick search revealed that this was a production bike and was exactly what I was looking for. I found and purchased one and now I am swapping everything from the beach cruiser to the chopper.

I decided that I wanted to retain the rear disc brake. But did not know how to get it done just yet. I found some different ideas and was intrigued by the scope of different examples of how to drive the rear wheel. I used the configuration of the Giant Stiletto to get through the initial planing stages. Now where to find hardware....

I stumbled upon Staton inc and this Stiletto project bike in one of my Stiletto searches.

Now I am going to start doing the project with a modified version of the Stiletto drive system for my Spoiler.

Thanks to all for ideas and inspiration provided in these forums.

PS: It will take a few months to get things going but I will update as I make progress.

2. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Hello Kep1a, great to meet you.
  3. larymor

larymor Guest

Welcome to the world of motored bikes Kep1a !
  4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc and another Tucson member from the Giant side of Texas
  5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc. Looks like the AZ chapter grows again.
  6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group!
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  8. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc from another arizonan ! :D
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i can sooo relate...but now i have my wish, or close enuff anyway, so i'm a happy motoredbiker. soon you will be, too. keep us posted on the build :)

welcome to MBc :cool:
  10. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

Tucson chapter is becoming a force to be reckoned with!
  11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

12. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc. The AZ riders are indeed growing in numbers. Now to get a few of us together for a ride...
  13. Kep1a

Kep1a Guest

Thanks all,

Yup Tucson is the perfect place for riding a motorized bike. I rode bicycles for many many years (Cannondale Raven, Gilmour tandem etc) and find the transition to a motorized bike to be a very easy one to deal with.

PS: Keep the reviews of the 4 strokes coming. I want to do the switch once we all can be sure of the reliability of the gear cases available for them. Lots of folks have them but not much in the way of reviews yet. I see one or two 4 strokes a week now, possibly the same bikes though.:rolleyes:
  14. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

Heya welcome to MBc. I guess I am a little slow but the sentiment is there all the same. There seem to be lots of us from Tucson. :)