Hello everyone.

A_FITZ

Local time
2:03 AM
I just bought my first bike yesterday, already equipped with an engine, for $300. I know, might not have been the best deal in the world, but im happy with my purchase.

Thing is FUN. :D

I always used to check out this site and always wanted to do something with my bike that I normally drive, but I saw this one on craigslist that was already premade. I met the guy, test drove one of these bikes for the first time yesterday, and today, I now own one. :cool:

By the way, you can just call me FITZ.

Good to be on the site

Also I have a couple of quick questions if anyone wants to quickly answer them...

1. Is it normal that my bike/engine motor requires me to get up to speed pedaling, then start with the clutch and accelerator? ((WILL NOT RUN AT STOP, like idling, unless you throttle while holding the clutch.))

2. I didn't put/mix 2 stroke oil in with my first fill up.., I used 10W-40 from a convenience store.. this ok for now? (This half a gallon.)

3.It leaks oil but this is normal right? Im going to try and tighten everything up and see if my new fuel mix leads to less oil leakage, along with tightening up some bolts with a flathead screwdriver, and a wrench.

4.oh also, my engine on the side, the Emissions sticker is a little tarnished but I can make out that its 68.5ccs, anyone know the origin or maker of this?

THANKS
Good to be with the small rare group that we are. Everyone should drive one of these. To the car world, these things are literally secret to everyday people.

:78:

Fitz...All I can honestly do is give you a warm Irish Welcome. Don't know about starting a 2-stroke from stop, but my guess would be that it is not a good idea...My 4-stroke will do it, but it grinds the heck out of the clutch...best to get up some speed and then 'hit the throttle all the way', then back off to cruising speed. That way the clutch won't slip. I would suspect that 2-strokes are much the same.

haha thanks! Im Irish too. : ) Half Irish.

Anyway, yeah, thats what i have to do and I don't mind starting it. It starts up right away from moving, and it has quite a kick.

I really want to know if im safe to drive it with 10w-40 mixed with a half a gallon....,

because im probably gona drive it tonight. Possibly. Hook some lights up to it.

Front and back.

Fitz, hey Glen here in Va.

No, No, No, don't burn anything but 2/stroke motor oil. See, that 10w-40 is for 4/stroke ONLY!~......It will KILL the engine.............

Read on here first!~

Thanx,

Glen

Last edited:
Fitz, hey Glen here in Va.

No, No, No, don't burn anything but 2/stroke motor oil. See, that 10w-40 is for 4/stroke ONLY!~......It will KILL the engine.............

Read on here first!~

Thanx,

Glen

So.., you want me do dump out all the fuel and oil thats already in there?

I mean, I have half a gallon of regular fuel..

A little bit of 10w-40 but didn't even make the fuel black. Was synthetic crappy **** probably.

EDIT: Also, I drove with that same fuel, and a little bit of 10w-40 for not even a mile, ..only reason I put it in there was because I ran out of fuel, and I figured it be better to run with some oil added then no oil?

but it seemed to have more kick. But yes this is important, I want to ride soon. Reply back as soon as you can!

Last edited:
Welcome....Not only get rid of the pre mix that you do have (It can be added to a rather full car tank), drain the tank. DON'T use just any 2 cycle oil. Use a good air cooled, NOT marine engine oil. Really, even at $10.00 a quart...oil is cheap. Oil made for motorcycles. I buy my oil from a motorcycle shop as it's the only place I can locally. I use Amsoil. This is a very good grade of oil, although not really "TOP SHELF" but not far from it either. By the way $300.00 isn't bad. I built a bike with a new engine, new frame and some time and I have just short of $300.00 in it. A bike can't be built too much cheaper then that...unless it's scraped up.
Oh and the guy sold it a few months ago for $650.00, and I really wasn't happy either. See it was for a friend and I didn't charge him a dime. I hate it when people make money off of my FREE time.

Last edited:
Hey Fizt,

Synthetic is the stuff if it's for 2/stroke only. Yes, I would do whatever you need to do, just get a 2/stroke only mix in MB. I go around 32:1 mix. ( not Marine)

Glen

Last edited:
How could I go about draining the tank? Just taking it off and dumping it into a gas canister?

Or can I just use one of those kitchen suck things to get all of it out? Lmao

How would I go about doing that

Heres the Oil that was being used on the bike.., and was given to me. "SuperTech Universal 2-Cycle Engine Oil" .. For Air-Cooled 2-Cycle Engines..... Compatible with Oxygenated Fuels.

On the back..

-Specifically formulated for use in high-performance air-cooled 2-cycle engines such as lawn mowers, string trimmers and chain saws. Promotes engine cleanliness and prolongs spark plug life. Reduces carbon deposits, and protects piston and cylinder from scuffing and wear.

-MIXING INSTRUCTIONS: Mix only in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flames. Use a clean, approved fuel container with fresh gasoline. Mix throughly before use. Always follow manufacturers recommended mix ratios for optimum performance and protection.

For every 1 Gallon of Gasoline I use 8 Ounces of this oil.

Last edited:
How could I go about draining the tank? Just taking it off and dumping it into a gas canister?

Or can I just use one of those kitchen suck things to get all of it out? Lmao

How would I go about doing that

Remove the fuel line at the carburetor, open valve at the tank and drain.

Heres the Oil that was being used on the bike.., and was given to me. "SuperTech Universal 2-Cycle Engine Oil" .. For Air-Cooled 2-Cycle Engines..... Compatible with Oxygenated Fuels.

I say again... NON MARINE oil. That is basically for marine use

On the back..

-Specifically formulated for use in high-performance air-cooled 2-cycle engines such as lawn mowers, string trimmers and chain saws. Promotes engine cleanliness and prolongs spark plug life. Reduces carbon deposits, and protects piston and cylinder from scuffing and wear.

-MIXING INSTRUCTIONS: Mix only in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flames. Use a clean, approved fuel container with fresh gasoline. Mix throughly before use. Always follow manufacturers recommended mix ratios for optimum performance and protection.

For every 1 Gallon of Gasoline I use 8 Ounces of this oil.

That is a UNIVERSAL oil.... There are a number of brands that make oil specifically for motorcycles and here is why.
Motorcycle Oils

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tdr.aspx... This is what I and many here use.

Like Mobil 1 automotive products, the two Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are based on proven, advanced synthetic oil technology. These unique, fully synthetic motorcycle oils are scientifically engineered to withstand the extreme heat produced by high-revving motorcycle engines and the toughest riding conditions. These formulations are designed specifically for the unique needs of motorcycles.

Last edited:
Ok im going to have to buy new oil then, and drive my gas guzzling car to get it too

... Is the Fuel Line that orange/clear tube you can see through right? The one where you can flip it off for gas, and on for fuel when your riding?

And do I remove that at the bottom of that tube? or the top?

.. I dont even think I have the right wrench to do it either..I might **** the line up...

ARE YOU SURE I can't run it with the fuel that is already inside of it, mixed with a little 10w-40? It will do THAT much damage from half of a gallon worth of fuel, maybe less then that... I should'nt do this. The engine will blow up. Right? I

ts totally not ok to run this fuel tank empty then just add the oil next time I fill it up?

Back