Hello everyone!

Bayramiaa

Local time
3:32 PM
Hey im 18 and in college right now and I saw someone riding a motorized bike a week ago and have been doing alot of snooping around and just found this forum. I dont have a car so my only means of transportation has been my road bike but I am really interested in building a motorized bike.I would love some help or maybe a point in the right direction as to where to start in all of this!

thanks

Welcome to MBc! There are a number of directions you can go in motorizing your bike. You have 2-stroke, 4-stroke, electric, frame mount, rack mount, friction drive and even push trailer options to choose from (and I may even have missed some here). Look at the various forums, read vendor reviews and decide what might best fit your needs. If you think you know which way to proceed but aren't quite sure, ask for help or opinions. There are many members here willing to help.

Welcome aboard.

To expand on what Kilroy said, just start reading threads here. Click on any title that seems interesting and, before you know it, you'll start forming your own notions of which type of engine and drive you want.

Have fun.

Back