Hello everyone!

Diabloman

Local time
4:37 AM
Hey guys,

Been reading around the forums and slipping in and out for help as i go along. Finally i decided its time to post and see whats up. I just finished my first working build on a raw 66cc motor after a horrible nightmare with one of the silver angel flying horse engines. Ugh that thing was a huge pain. But now that i am mobile. The next step would be trying to get a bit more out of the engine. I get its a tad small. But id kinda like a higher top speed and maybe a bit more acceleration. Im averaging out around 20 mph which is nice cruising on the sidewalks but sometimes here in Nebraska the sidewalks either end or are not well taken care of and would like to try to get off them. Picture of my current build below. Stock as is. Except the carburetor simply cause i wanted a blue one. Ha. A 44 tooth sprocket. Plan to get a smaller one. Not trying to deal with shift kits unless neccessary. Any ideas that have worked for you guys in the long run? Boost bottles? Stacks? Better cdi? Just need somewhere to start without killing the motor.
20160622_030433.jpg

Hello. Glad you are liking your bike. Always do upgrades incrementally in case one does not work; much easier to trouble shoot. For the lower rear sprocket, you have to be pretty sure your bike could use one because it takes a lot of work to change those ragjoint sprockets: take off old sprocket, put on new sprocket, true the sprocket on wheel, adjust/cut the chain, adjust the tensioner, and etc. A 36T should put you in the upper 20s cruising. One way I like to tell is if from a slow 3-5 mph peddling speed, the motor can take me to 20 mph in less than 2 seconds then yeah you could probably benefit from a lower sprocket. Also, the lower sprocket will reduce stress on your engine, improve gas mileage, lower vibrations in addition to higher cruise speed. Of course you are losing acceleration.

Hello. Glad you are liking your bike. Always do upgrades incrementally in case one does not work; much easier to trouble shoot. For the lower rear sprocket, you have to be pretty sure your bike could use one because it takes a lot of work to change those ragjoint sprockets: take off old sprocket, put on new sprocket, true the sprocket on wheel, adjust/cut the chain, adjust the tensioner, and etc. A 36T should put you in the upper 20s cruising. One way I like to tell is if from a slow 3-5 mph peddling speed, the motor can take me to 20 mph in less than 2 seconds then yeah you could probably benefit from a lower sprocket. Also, the lower sprocket will reduce stress on your engine, improve gas mileage, lower vibrations in addition to higher cruise speed. Of course you are losing acceleration.

To a point it might be worth it. Starting out fast seems to jerk on it a bit. Trying to avoid that. I can get up to 18 ish with no issues. But we top out around 22 going down hills even. Was contemplating what tooth sprocket i.e. 42 40 or 36... but im thinking i might have to pull the 36 torque isnt such a huge issue as im willing to help pedal up and down. And am usually good at maintaining momentum.

How would i tell? And it seems to fire on every revolution. But then again. I cant see inside so. Tips for checking that?

Four stroking is where your running so rich the engine can't revv any higher....
The way to check is to look at the tip of the spark plug and it should be a golden brown color, about like this

If your four stroking then the plug will be black and oily

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 195
Four stroking is where your running so rich the engine can't revv any higher....
The way to check is to look at the tip of the spark plug and it should be a golden brown color, about like this

If your four stroking then the plug will be black and oily
This being the first few days it ran i had a break in ratio of gas going. My plug looked like this. [Below] 2 issues noticed at the moment. ^ the aforementioned and my exhaust leaks. After 2 gasket changes and form a gasket. Still getting air out of the exhaust port as well. Not sure how to go about reducing that.

Attachments

• 20160622_153918.jpg
    20160622_153918.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 157
You look rich.... What you could do for a quick fix to see if your rich is take your air filter off go for a full throttle run then take the plug out, that would lean out the mixture

Back