Hello fellow motorized bikers.

Mtn man

Local time
3:12 PM
I'm new here, but have been building motorized bikes for a year now. I only have one motor but have built 3 motorized bikes. 3 times a charm. I just finished a custom built full suspension mtn. Bike. I live in a hilly Rocky area so I wanted a soft ride. I wil post picks as soon as I figure out how. Cheers

Welcome!

I'm interested in seeing some pics of the dual suspension motorized bike. I have been looking at motorizing my own downhill bike but I'm not sure if a motor would fit because of the way the suspension is set up.

I've never tried this but I'm sure you could. Go to the Additional Options and press on Manage Attachments and then choose the files you want.

Edit: Just tried this on my android phone and it works sweet. Scroll down to Additional Options and choose the photo from your phone then upload it and post your reply.

I sorry man, I can't find additional options. Any way I basically copied the blow by you version. Except I used the china girl motor. For the rear sway arm I welded a bottom bracket to the seat toob next to motor sprocket. The ground some old crank arms so fit in 1 in. Square toobing then welded in place. Had to make drop outs and all that too. Getting spacing for everything took some time. Shock is vertical like a dirt bike. Do not need a tenchioner just using a chain guide I made. Once I got all the bugs worked out it works killer. Put some old bomber forks on it. Think I got about 5 in. Of travil in the back. Made my frame from scrap bike frames. Put lots of gusts to make it strong. That's about it.

O, I'm running a 24" weel in the back with a 54 tooth sprocket. Still have to peddle a little
Bit on tight turns. But low end is pretty good. It's good enough.

Back