Hello form Argentina, motorkit 80cc two stroke chinese (stock) TrikeBike

mfunapo

Local time
1:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I am from Argentina (Bs As) and I am building a motorized Trike Bike from an old BMX frame.

I bought a chinese motorkit 80cc 2 strokes. I could do a street test but still having minor issues like carburator loosing from intake LoL

When I achive a good reliability in my project , I will slowly trying to get more rpm and torque. Now is a Work in progress.

It is a low cost and weekend project, for that I get delays in every step :)

My firts two questions are:
1) How do you resolve the problem of carburator being loose?
2) I had read many large thread about Jaguar CDI, I would like to buy one just for protecting motor from breaking but it´s expensive (Jaguar kit is half of a motorkit price).

Some pics:
IMG_20140920_172135267.jpg

IMG_20141026_175400874.jpg

IMG_20150607_154002598.jpg

IMG_20150621_210402220.jpg

Cheers!

Neat! You've got a pretty wild little scooter in the works there.

Your carburetor/intake works loose? You might try putting some silicone caulk on the threads.

I would not bother with an expensive aftermarket CDI if I were you. The stock ones work fine and they're inexpensive to replace.

Neat! You've got a pretty wild little scooter in the works there.

Your carburetor/intake works loose? You might try putting some silicone caulk on the threads.

I would not bother with an expensive aftermarket CDI if I were you. The stock ones work fine and they're inexpensive to replace.

Thanks for you reply!

I had read all Jaguar/CDI thread and I downloaded the diagrams for a home made CDI. When I get all done, I will try that circuit (and always its a good thing to have 1 cdi for backup purposes).

Now I am getting problems with rear wheels. They are just chinese garbage. In the last street test, the chain locks because there was too loose and I skidded in a straight line (5 meters) making a HOLE in the tire. Here in Argentina, karting´s wheels and they accesories are too expensive (more expensive that whole motorkit). I dont know what to do.

Back