Hello friends!

th1nker

Local time
5:41 AM
My name is George, or just th1nker. I live in the GTA, Ontario, Canada, and as some of you may know, the laws here are **** bent against this alternate form of safe, fuel efficient transportation (for whatever reason). I have purchased an engine, and I am currently looking for a suitable frame to mount it on, and hopefully I will have my own motorized-bike to drive to/from work every day.

Either way, I thought it would be good to make friends, and ally's and what better place to start than this community?

Hi Thinker, it is as bad up there as it is here in NY. It used to be legal to motorize a bike in Canada, from what I read here, but the laws got changed to allow elelctric only.

My solution (I hate batteries) was to buy a basket case Moped with a regristration and customize it (so to speak). The necessary equiptment in in place, as is the ID number steel stamped onto a plate welded to the frame.
However, I can't take the liberties with using this, that I do on a pedal bike because of that license plate.
Some people will frown on this effort but stuff like this is done all the time by the street-rod guys.
I ride slow with all safety gear and expect no problem. The more odd-ball the make of the moped- the better.

Back