Hello from Camp Striker, Iraq

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fatboy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Guest

I have a mountain bike for my one mile daily commute from the hootch to work but am hoping to get a Sun Stretch Cruiser sent over and then spending the rest of the year motoring and customizing it, It looks like you all are the subject matter experts and i could use all the help I can get.

Thanks for the help in advance:smile:

2. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group! You'll find all th info you can stomach here on this forum.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

4. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

thank you for serving! (us navy, western pacific, 70's)

anything we can help with as far as making sure you get what you need, do not hesitate to ask :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

6. Fatboy

Fatboy Guest

Nice welcome

Thankyou!

I'm finding lots of info here already.

7. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Welcome

Welcome to the web page. That would be cool if you got an engine on a bike. You could ride to work no problem.. You could sneak up on the enemy and if they tried to exscape you could kick the motor on.

8. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to our group. We are glad you are here and thanks for standing between us and "THEM".

9. kfss

kfss Guest

Thank You for being there!

I hope you have time off to build up & ride out there. I also hope it's safer where you are than when I was there.

I was at Balad Air Base (LSA Anaconda) for part of 2004-2005 and I sure wish I had my motorized bike back then (though it wouldn't have been too much fun wearing the body armor & kevlar in the scorching summer or the muddy January-February from the rains). Some pilots I know from our unit are out there where you're at so I do have some idea what it's like there. The only problem you might have is getting some 2 stroke oil thru the mail watchdogs.

Know that our prayers include all of you. Thanks for your sacrifice! Many don't know how long 13 or more months being deployed really seem.

Desert Shield & Storm 1990-91
    Somalia 1994-95

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  10. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome to MBc

11. Fatboy

Fatboy Guest

Thanks for all the warm welcomes/ change 2

Well, I was going to get the sun but it only came in red and I'm not doing paint in all this sand. I ordered the Nirve 3 speed SitchBlade Chopper instead. I haven't seen one motored yet and it looks to be a cool bike. I found a couple real motorcycle gas tanks that will look awesome on it if they will fit. I will have to wait until the bike gets here to tke measurements. Unfortuntely, I probably won't ride it motored here but will get it complete for when I get home, with all your help and advice. :grin:

12. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

hey whats up where your home town
    at man hope you make it back
    later man

13. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Glad you are here and greatly appreciate your service. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    God Bless

14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

15. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Loco, what a great saying! Thanks for sharing that.
    Doc :smile: