Hello From Central PA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by StevePA, Jul 1, 2008.

1. StevePA

StevePA New Member

Hello all! I am located in Tyrone, PA. I have wanted a motorized bike ever since I first heard about the GEBE system on NPR back in 2003. With gas prices going up, and my need for some exercise, I finally convinced my wife to allow me to order a kit. After a couple of small kinks, I finally got it up and running. I got the Robin/Subaru 35cc engine with my kit. My hope is to use it as a commuter bike for my 17 mile commute. I have been looking at posts in this forum for a couple of weeks and it looks like there is some good info here!

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi steve; great choice, after proper breakin i will get more power and 225+mpg. a turkey baster is a great tool for oil changes. adjust engine for proper belt align. it will last a good long time. your bike wasnt made for a motor so chk. nuts and bolts. now the wife will want one. good luck. mitch
  3. StevePA

StevePA New Member

Ha! I hope she does. I'd buy one for her! Only problem is we have a 3 and 5 year old so we wouldn't be able to go riding together very often. I wonder if GEBE makes a drive ring for a 12" bike.... :rolleyes: (just kidding....)
  4. Alan

Alan Member

Great hobby. Even though I look over my shoulder for cops. I spend much more time alone. And the money I save in gas, goes in parts. It's a great hobby.

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

There are bike trailers that would allow you to take the kids along (until they get too big). By the way, welcome to MBc!