Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aclubb, Aug 6, 2010.

1. aclubb

aclubb New Member

I've lurked for a couple weeks. Now that I finished ordering the parts, here is the "official" introduction.

The Plan
    a commuter motor-assisted bike capable of taking me 32 miles per day.

I ride this frequently on my road bike, but I don't like having to take a shower at the end of the ride, or having to pack clothes.

I have an "old" (1999) Trek 7000 frame waiting in the wings for a motor. and some other upgrades.

So far the parts list is: 2010 48cc GRUBEE motor kit + Sick Bike Parts HD shifter kit + SRAM Attack 9spd shifter + cheapo light kit (better one to follow pending electrical system install). :idea:

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Hi, welcome.
    I strongly recommend a 66cc Grubee engine. You are losing 3% horsepower for every 1,000 foot elevation gain and a 66cc is the better option over the 48cc...no cop will know the difference if you are stopped.
  3. aclubb

aclubb New Member

are all the parts besides the motor in the Grubee kits identical? -- Carb, exhaust, etc.

My trip is mostly flat. -- I figured I'd be legal first and if I needed more power I'd label engineer a 60cc into the works.
  4. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I did a 50 mile round trip commute, once a week when I lived in Arizona. I added a 3/4 gallon fuel tank but didn't really need it.
  6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

You sure you are in Colorado? Seriously, get the larger engine or you'll probably end up with buyers regret.