Hello from Indiana

Brushy Bill

Local time
11:56 PM
Found this place while searching the net for info on motorized bicycles.

Had a 13 year stretch where I cycled an average 5500 miles a year.
Health problems forced me off the bikes and only ride occasionally now.

The thought of having a motorized bicycle sounds really appealing to me.
Would be nice to able to cruise the country roads again. Not like riding a motorcycle,
they just look really appealing.

Have worked all my adult life as a toolmaker, after 15 years in the trade, I was able to
get into an apprenticeship program. Completed it in 93, currently doing cnc programming
and tooling design. The company calls me a "manufacturing engineer", but I have
never received a degree in the field. It is fun work, but this is the first place I have
worked and not had access to equipment after hours. Something I miss after 36 years
in the trade.

I do not currently own a motorized bicycle, but like I said, been looking at the options
out there. Pretty overwhelming.

The board track replicas looks most appealing to me. Just like the looks of them.
That will be the object of my quest.
I think I would prefer a 4 stroke, they sound better suited to long cruises. But
think the 2 stroke motors looks better on the board track replicas.
I want one I can ride, not sit and look pretty.

Look forward to gleaning as much information and tips as I can here on the forum.
I want my first one to be one I can keep and maintain until I am hopefully a very old man.

That's about it for now.
Sorry folks, didn't set out to write a freaking essay.

Welcome to MBc, Bill. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer. Good Luck to you.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick.
I have spent quite a bit of time reading the "stickies". I found the ones on
how to prep a new motor, (replacing studs, etc, etc) very informative.
Sounds like those who would not heed this kind of advise is asking for problems.
Makes me feel better about using a 2 stroke.

Came close to "jumping in" and start ordering parts/ components a couple of weeks
ago. I will spend a good while reading and looking at what others are doing here
before I start spending the money. I am sure it can save me lots of $$$ in mistakes.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum. With that resume, we are impatiently waiting to see some of your custom builds.

Back