Hello from Jackson Michigan

Dizzy

Local time
4:21 PM
Hey, nice website it has been very helpful with my first build, a 55cc Happy Time on a $69.00 Wal-Wart mountain bike. I built it about three weeks ago, and probably have about 150 miles on it. I just bought a speedodometer 2 days ago and already put 25 miles on it just joyriding near my house. :D

I can tell these little happy time kits are kinda delicate and seem to need frequent tweaks, then again I have had to mess with it less and less, as i've been getting to know the bike. I just bought a paper element fuel filter finally today, it needed it too! There was always fine sediment built up in the fuel line.

Alot of the suggestions on this site have helped alot too, I put a piece of cardboard inside the clutch cover for niose reduction, and stuck inch-long, 1/4x1/4 inch peice of tire rubber I cut up in between some of the fins too. It helped alot with niose reduction and posibly some vibration.

Fitting it to the frame was quite an arduous task as it was to small and the bottom pipe to thick, I ended up using a hack saw on the bottom pipe to make room for the bottom mount, hack-sawed the top bar to feed the throttle cabe through (otherwise carb would have to be tilted). In the end I couldn't get the bottom to mount with the hardware supplied and the hacked up frame. So I ended up using a pipe clamp that's wrapped around the block, (the bottom fin) to the frame, it has held up and hasn't moved, even after riding it down traintracks.

The only problem I seem to have at this point is a wobbly clutch plate, I think I did some thing to the spring maybe, The bike works beautifually, its just that the clutch is diengages crooked (one side disengages father than the other) it rubs ever so slightly. I hope to get many miles out of this little monster, Since my liscence is suspended and I can't drive a moped either since you have to be ABLE to GET a regular liscence in order too, here in the lovely state of Michigan.:sick: A Motorbycle was my only option, and frankly I'm glad, I've learned a little about engines and found a new hobby....not to mention stickin' it to the man.:devilish:

Mark

Hello Mark and welcome aboard.

Good intro post. Lot's of info.

I'm almost a neighbor of yours; I grew up a bit to the south of you. Hillsdale County, to be exact. But I left just about the time you were born. Horrible economy in that area at that time. And now, it seems, things are about the same again. Good luck to you on that, by the way.

It's the same, maybe worse

Thank you, Hillsdale isn't far at all, The economy up here is rediculous, last I heard the unemployment rate was the highest in the country here in jackson at like 14.6%, not only that, jackson also has the highest obesity rate in the country, lol. jackson is fattest and laziest place in the U.S. I'm lucky to have a job. Let alone one that offers me mad overtime.

Back