Hello From Kansas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Taffy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Taffy

Taffy New Member

First I just wanted to say hello to all on here from Wichita Kansas. If I uploaded the picture right, this is what my motor bicycle looks like. I've got two more I'm in the process of building. One will be identical to this one for my wife. The other one will be a custom built tandem tricycle with a 6.5hp engine.

Bicycles have always been a passion of mine. I've bought several bicycle, tricycle, and quadricycle plans on the net. Chopping and building bicycles is how I learned to weld. Reading several threads on this forum got me interested in adding a motor. Now I'm just looking to expand my knowledge further into this hobby.

2. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Hello there Taffy from Wichita, Kansas. If you want to pursue your hobby and expand your knowledge of Motored Bikes, you are in the right place. MBc is the largest forum on the subject. Wee have most of the sharpest pencils in the box on the subject. Read, ask questions and enjoy.
  3. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

p.s. I just took another look at the picture of your bike. My old eyes are really not what they used to be, but I can't seem to see any brakes on it. Am I missing something, or have you just not completed that step?
  4. loquin

loquin Active Member

(Maybe just the coaster brakes that came on the bike, Patrick...)

But, if that is it, I agree that another brake is indicated... Just a coaster brake, at 20+ MPH, can get dicey...
  5. Taffy

Taffy New Member

It has a coaster brake for now. I got another brake for the front but it isn't on it yet.
  6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. That's a good looking thumper.