Hello from Kent WA (Northwest)

robodiaz

Local time
9:06 AM
Just bought a Worksman Newsboy frame. I don't have any other plans yet for the bike but from what I've read it's a good base.

I don't really know much about MB's but I'm trying to read up on everything.

Welcome to MBc, Diaz. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

If your 'Worksman Newsboy' is in reasonable, good condition, you have bought a sturdy piece of Americana...reliable, tough, and sturdy. I would start out by tearing it down, clean everything, re-grease and lubricate with fresh grease and oil everything that needs it, like bearings, or other parts that rub each other as you put it back together.

Those bikes were designed to take one heck of a beating, and get you back home at the end of the day (no matter what the weather.) I would put a sturdy 4-Stroke engine on it like the Robin-Subaru, Honda, or other such solid motor. (I wouldn't fritter away my time and money with a 2-Stroke). I know I'm going to get a ton of flack from the HT contingent, but I would rather spend the extra bucks up front on an engine I could rely on. Good luck to you. Be sure to keep us posted.

Back