Hello From Long Island, NY.

rohmell

Local time
1:56 PM
Hello to all,
I just purchased an engine kit and am waiting for it to arrive, in the meantime I was searching for forums and found this one and decided to join.
I am from Long Island, NY wondering if there are any others from my area, I would be interested in meeting others who have motorized bicycles, and to share tips, tricks, techniques, buy and sell parts, going on rides together, etc, and maybe help others who might be having trouble with their bicycles.
I have 20 years experience with small engines, mainly Briggs&Stratton, Tecumseh and Ryobi, but these Chinese engines look interesting, and I am looking forward to building my kit.

Hello from the mainland

Hi, I'm a new user as well located right across the sound, I will be building my first MB in Noank CT (near Mystic). CT laws are pretty reasonable with MB's. How are New York laws?

My build is in response to the DOT closing the I95 bridge to MB's on the sidewalk/bike path. One must pedal rather than motor across the bridge. My Tomos does not coast down the downhill side at all and it would be necessary to push the MOPED ABOUT 1 1/2 miles to be legal. A MB that will actually pedal and coast seems to solve my commuting concerns.

Good luck with your build!

Back