Hello from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by edrock, Sep 9, 2008.

1. edrock

edrock New Member

Intro post:
    Jumping right in about me, why I'm joined this message board, what I'm looking to get out of it, and what I can bring to it.

My name is Ed Rock, I'm from southern California, and I enjoy all things 2 wheeled. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was 5, and cycling since I could push a pedal. About 2 years ago, I decided that 24" inchers were too small, and that I wanted to build something my own. A year later, several ebay auctions and a ton of clearance purchases on wheelworld.com, I build my first downhill mountain bike.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I then decided I would rather ride my bike to work (occasionally), and a 45+lb full suspension bike would not be the best bet for the road. So I build/restored this beauty.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I went for about 2 months without working on a bike..(did a ton of riding though.. you can see some of the trails i ride here on mapmyride.com)..and i was getting twitchy, so I went out and bought a cheap new huffy 26" cruiser for the girlfriend, and tore it apart. I JB welded/smoothed out all the welds, sanded and refinished the bike. (no pictures yet, as I just finished this weekend).

Which is what brings me here, my next build is going to be a 26" Beach Cruiser, with a motor. It is something I haven't done, and hope to find answers to any questions I have here.

As for what I can bring to the forum, well if it relates to downhill, full suspension mountain bikes, I should be able to at least point you in the right direction. I also can bring answers/help with regard to any computer/web related questions you might have. I've been working on the web, building/learning websites, code, you name it, since I was 12. So, feel free to ask, private message, email, etc.

Hopefully this is enough of an intro, reply if you have any questions. I do have a question, which you will see posted in the appropriate section shortly.

-ed

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi rock; that downhill is far out. around here, mountains, th single trackers are adding a gebe and eho35 to be able to return to the trailhead and get more runs in a session without fatigue. mitch

3. kerf

kerf Guest

Good to meet you edrock, we're all about info exchange.

4. edrock

edrock New Member

mitch, that is awesome. They must be building some pretty strong bikes/mounts. sound like it would save a ton of time, however for me its all about getting down the hill as fast as possible. weight = i already have enough haha.

kerf, im all about info exchange, and already this place is paying off. its exciting. now i need to start collecting the funds and start shopping!