Hello from Los Angeles

edrock

Local time
11:03 PM
Intro post:
Jumping right in about me, why I'm joined this message board, what I'm looking to get out of it, and what I can bring to it.

My name is Ed Rock, I'm from southern California, and I enjoy all things 2 wheeled. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was 5, and cycling since I could push a pedal. About 2 years ago, I decided that 24" inchers were too small, and that I wanted to build something my own. A year later, several ebay auctions and a ton of clearance purchases on wheelworld.com, I build my first downhill mountain bike.

I then decided I would rather ride my bike to work (occasionally), and a 45+lb full suspension bike would not be the best bet for the road. So I build/restored this beauty.

I went for about 2 months without working on a bike..(did a ton of riding though.. you can see some of the trails i ride here on mapmyride.com)..and i was getting twitchy, so I went out and bought a cheap new huffy 26" cruiser for the girlfriend, and tore it apart. I JB welded/smoothed out all the welds, sanded and refinished the bike. (no pictures yet, as I just finished this weekend).

Which is what brings me here, my next build is going to be a 26" Beach Cruiser, with a motor. It is something I haven't done, and hope to find answers to any questions I have here.

As for what I can bring to the forum, well if it relates to downhill, full suspension mountain bikes, I should be able to at least point you in the right direction. I also can bring answers/help with regard to any computer/web related questions you might have. I've been working on the web, building/learning websites, code, you name it, since I was 12. So, feel free to ask, private message, email, etc.

Hopefully this is enough of an intro, reply if you have any questions. I do have a question, which you will see posted in the appropriate section shortly.

-ed

hi rock; that downhill is far out. around here, mountains, th single trackers are adding a gebe and eho35 to be able to return to the trailhead and get more runs in a session without fatigue. mitch

mitch, that is awesome. They must be building some pretty strong bikes/mounts. sound like it would save a ton of time, however for me its all about getting down the hill as fast as possible. weight = i already have enough haha.

kerf, im all about info exchange, and already this place is paying off. its exciting. now i need to start collecting the funds and start shopping!

Back