Hello from Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Timbone, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

Hello,everyone!

First,let me thank you for this forum site. I have read through countless threads on here and this saved me tons of time, trouble and money as I built my first motorbike.

I love bicycles! At 53 I still race bikes as a Cat 3. Been wanting a small two stroke motorcycle for some time and it dawned on me that with good mechanical skills, I could do my own thing. Sorry in advance, but I think that most of the motorcycle culture is yuppiefied trash culture. "Look at me on my $20K, noisy bike that gets 30mpg. No, thanks.

I ride my bicycle about 10K miles per year and plan to use the motorbike for commuting to work through the Summer and Fall.

As a kid, I got lots of experience playing with old lawnmower engines making go-carts and minibikes, though they were never any good. Working on this project has brought back a lot of memories. Hell, I had forgotten completely how a carburetor works! Now I feel like an expert.

I'll start a new thread and describe my process, problems and successes! I am very happy with my first build!

Thanks!

=Timbone=

2. bikemotorman

bikemotorman New Member

Cool welcome.

3. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Riding in hill country is great isn't it?

4. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

One of the things I've learned is that my HTmotor seems to cruise best going uphill. They are made to climb!

=Timbone=