Hello from Minnesota!

B

Big Willy

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time lurker and second time poster. It all started with a trip to the gas station, innocent enough, just to fill my truck with some good old $3.00+++ per gallon fuel. While there I saw a guy was filling a tank on his bicycle with an engine strapped to it. I thought COOL! I talked to him for 10 minutes or so. He said he found the kit on-line. Well... the rest is history. From that point on I have been hooked. I got on-line and started digging. Ordered an 80cc off of e-bay. Hunted down an old 50's vintage Schwinn (which I found out when I got home had a bent frame) and strapped it (the engine) on. This is my engine break-in steed until I can finish the work in progress on my latest find.

A neighbor hooked me up with a bike he rode as a kid. Ok it was not a bike but a very rusty diamond in the rough. A 1940-50's vintage Wards Hawthorne frame with rack and very bent fenders.

The frame is blasted and powder coated black. The hubs showed up last week. The fork (Spooky Tooth Monarch Springer) is on its way.

I have rode Harley Davidson, Buell and others. This (motorized bike) is just fun!

Well, that's what I'm up to. It's a blast to see what everyone on this site has done. Some very creative minds! Keep up the great work!

Look for the first edition of bikes from Big Willy Cycles to show up some time soon on these pages.

Take care,

Bill

P.S.

Why do the Harley buddies give me **** for my bike? I guess they just do not understand. This is exactly what the boys started with around 1903. Old School!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Sorry to Augi for the slip up (****) on the end of my original message. It hit me after I sent it. Oop's!

Have a great one!

Bill

oh ****, did he just say ****? :rolleyes:
(we have tons of "*'s" just for guys like you)

hey, my last motor vehicle was an old cop-kawi (KZ1000P)...& i don't miss it in the least.

and up here, the harley weekend warriors check out my bike a lot (out of the corner of the eye, tho, wouldn't want to get caught)...but i've seen a million 'glides & ten-million sporty's, so what's the big deal, eh? jk, i love hd, but not all hd riders :p

anyway, sounds like you're doing an old-school tribute the right way...i'm lookin' forward to seeing your gallery...

welcome to the MBc 8)

Hello everyone!
Why do the Harley buddies give me **** for my bike? I guess they just do not understand. This is exactly what the boys started with around 1903. Old School!

Welcome aboard fellow Motored Biker!
At the harley shop I hang at, the boys all respect me and dig on what I'm doin'.
It's because I'm not posin' or trying too hard to be something i'm not. I am just me, i'm into motored bikes and small motobikes, and that's all. When a newbie comes into the shop and makes a crack, all eyes turn to me (with a bit of a smirk and expectant smile) to wait for my standard reply-
"Well, I'm okay with my masculinity, so I don't need a big bike..."
;)
The owner of the shop, or one of the locals, will then mention some of my adventures and a new friend is generally made!
I think you will find that most of the old school harley guys and true motorsport enthusiasts will really dig your ride and what your doing.
The others will fall in when they find out your miles per gallon...:p
Glad to have you aboard and I can't wait to see your pic.s!

uncle_punk13 very very well said.

I love my small engine bikes and between my son and I have 6 lil ones.

I have never owned anything over 125cc and would not have it any other way. Their have been a number of times over the years that bargain bigger bikes have come my way but am not interested in getting one.

I'm not into cars either. I need to have a car and a van but as for pimping my ride or buying a performance car..... not interested. I often see guys ridin round in showy cars and think that it is sad that they haven't discovered motored bikes.:D They would soon spend all their spare time tweaking their bike instead of washing and polishing the car. My cars have suffered since owning a motored bike... I don't wash them too often but my bike is immaculate:cool:

Well, I don't want to stray too far off topic, here, but I used to be way into old cars. Now, I want a cool old car that looks good, but not some hi-tech, gas guzzlin' hot rod. I'm picking up my 6 cylinder '64 Dart in a few days.
BUT it's just a car. Motored bikes are where it's at ya' know. I'm 125 pounds, I don't need anything bigger than what I've got.
So to give the thread back, (and get back on topic) once again- Welcome aboard B.W. we're glad to have you in our community!

Back