Hello from NH

QGolden

Local time
5:41 PM
Hello
I guess this is my second post here, I asked a technical question for my first.....sorry.
Anyways, I found this site while researching information and parts to build a Motor Bike themed after a local Softdrink company. The original intent was a pedal bike with a Sidecar like the Dispatch Cycles of the 30's, then, while researching Sidecars for Bicycles I stumbled upon a Motorized Bike, and thought, that is a natural combination. So this project will be a Motorized Sidecar Bike. I have a retro-beach cruiser (Huffy I think) from Walmart that will be the donor Bike,

it would not really be used for road travel, mostly Parades and local events. The Beverage company has been in constant production since 1883, it predates all the current national chains, so things that "look old" is in their wheelhouse.

About me, I have a Royal Enfield with a Sidecar currently, I have built a Triumph with a sidecar back in the 80's, owned many motorcycles of all Marques. Restored a couple of Pre-war Harley's. Have built cars, and an Ultralight Aircraft. I was a machinist in a former life, and keep a Lathe, a Mill, and a CNC mill in my shop.

Looking forward to to this project.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've been flying hang gliders since 1974 and was at the Pico Vermont meet in 1978. I have several friends up in the NE that are also HGer pilots.

Hello 2old2learn!
Actually I built/flew powered Paraglides. Got to have an Engine on it to hold my interest! :)

I've had 100 mile flights without a motor. I think I have always been drawn to the challenge of free flight. It takes many years to master it and even then your still learning. I also ride non powered bikes too!

Wow, good on you for the 100 mile club! You are right, it takes years to master, powered gliders are not s lot different, except I can take off from any field with a couple of hundred clear feet. My Avatar is a shot out over the front of a trike I designed and built.

I can land in any mostly level field with a couple hundred clear feet! With the evolution and portability of the modern para gliders I could see myself flying one of them. They can be landed in much smaller landing fields than our modern carbon fiber wide span ridged wing hang gliders. Flying here in Western Arkansas means flying many miles over large forests with very questionable landing field options, with no motor! We call it flying over no mans land. High pucker factor flying.

In NH, we are pretty lucky, I'd need about 500 feet to put down gently, 400 with a bump, if I have too, depends how tall the trees are at the end of the field. We have lots of 6 to 20 acre fields around here, so you can zig-zag a flight plan, most always within a few thousand feet of a field. With the motor I can always gain some altitude if I don't like the stretch the next field. Altitude is your friend. We also have tons of Ponds and Lakes, sometimes hard to avoid flying over them. I have a Sting 250 Wing, all up I have about a 9:1 ratio. About 600 lbs Tarmac weight.

I've flown a training site called Morningside back in 1978 that I believe was in New Hampshire. I flew several sites up in the NE when I flew back in from Europe. Then hitch hiked back down to Mississippi. I still hitch hike occasionally due to my flying. Never had a bad ride yet.

Morningside Flight Park, over near Keen. Still there and still open. They do not allow the powered units though, so I have not been there.

Back