Hello from Port Orchard,WA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Quick1, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Quick1

Quick1 New Member

I'm new to motored bikes. I ordered a kit off Ebay and am eager to get it! I'm a little concerned about the legality of it in my county, but I read that Washington state allows them if the bike is registered as a moped. I wasn't aware of that state law until after I ordered the kit (plus, I ordered a 80cc kit). Are they really sticklers about this? Anyway, I'm glad to be here and will try to be a positive member.

2. softride

softride Member

Hi Quick 1
    if you ride it sensibly and obey the rules of the road then you should not get any problems all the cops i have spoken with have been real interested and said carry on and be safe
    my .02 wear a helmet have lights and a horn of some kind and keep a good eye on whats happening welcome to motored bikes
    ps: are you going to the rally !
  3. Quick1

Quick1 New Member

Between my job and being a full-time student, I don't have much free time. Where and when is the rally?
  4. JE

JE Guest

Ocean park Washington August 30th and 31st.
  5. Quick1

Quick1 New Member

Sounds like fun! The coast at the end of summer- perfect! That will actually happen between summer & fall quarters. So, I'll see if I can get those days off (I work weekends). Lets hope the weather holds.