Hello from Prescott, AZ

mhomewood

Local time
6:27 AM
Hey guys. First off I would like to say thanks for all the useful information on this forum. I'll be building my fist bike next weekend pending arrival of the GT5 kit. I do have a couple questions though. I'll be putting the skyhawk GT5 on a Schwinn Point Beach. Are there any issues putting the 44 tooth sprocket that comes with the kit on a stock 7 speed hub/derailleur? Do you recommend upgrading the stock spokes? Below are some of the main items I plan to prep for the build.

-clean out the tank before installation
-swap out hardware
-grease gears

Any additional information you can think of that may help the build is much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mike

Hi Mike, and welcome to MBc. We're glad you stopped in, and told us a little something about yourself. That's what this area of the Forums is for. Now, you should read as much as you can before you start building anything, and do Searches for answers to your other questions...you will find that almost all of them have been asked and answered in detail already. Then, if there is something you can't figure out, move to the area most specific to your problem...the GRUBEE Skyhawk GT5 is a 2-Stroke (if I'm not mistaken) and we have a specific 2-Stroke Forum. If you really get stuck,then find one of the 2-Stroke, in-frame engine gurus, and ask some questions. Everyone will be willing to help you out if they can see that you have already tried to find the answer on your own. Good Luck to ya. (Hint: The 3 things you have mentioned above are right on the money...good start<g>)
Patrick

Thanks for the reply gents. That link has a lot of helpful information Stan. I'll be sure to reference it during the build. Pretty sure I've got a grasp on what needs to happen to build this bike right. And if I have any questions I know where to look.

Thanks again

Back