Hello from recumbent rider

Lee_K

Local time
10:12 AM
I have been planning to build a motorized recumbent bike or trike for awhile and have learned enough from this site that I am now able to give it a try. I have built several recumbent bikes/trikes so I understand that part.

Over the last few years I have been slowing down and would like a motor assist so I can keep riding at a pace that is not boring and still pedal along for exercise.

I have worked out my design and actually started to build it. I will start a thread in the recumbent section for anyone who wants to follow or comment on my project.

Welcome to MBc, Lee. I, too, am a recumbent rider. I have a recumbent trike that I get a great amount of pleasure out of riding. I am going back to the original 20" rear wheels with 20" X 3" tires...it currently has 24" skinny Mags. My build progress notes including pics, in case you might be interested, is at the very top of the second page of the "Powered Trike Forum" and it's captioned "Trailmate Meteor & Gas Power." Good luck to you and hope you enjoy the Forum.

Here are important questions to consider when building or buying for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build or buy?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building or buying. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build or buy.

Back