Hello From Rocky Mountains

psmountain

Local time
4:04 AM
Hello MotoredBikes.

I am an avid cyclist and commuter and am very interested in getting into motorized bikes, but I am pretty clueless right now. I have read the thread NOOB? for newbies and it was very helpful.

I'd like to be able to find a motorized bike that can also be ridden as a bike and would welcome any suggestions!

Thanks!

Welcome to MBc. In my opinion, the Golden Eagle (link at top left) is the best setup for riding as a regular bike. But you have to keep in mind that, when you add a motor and accessories, your bike will weigh an additional 20lbs or more.

Hello MotoredBikes.

I'd like to be able to find a motorized bike that can also be ridden as a bike and would welcome any suggestions!

Thanks!

Welcome,

Somewhere on the forum there is a thread from a Coloradan which has an important carburator/gas intake modification, and I remember there was another hint from a mountaineer about octane boosting.

Since all the engine types are built and factory adjusted down in the lower altitudes, you could gain a big advantage knowing about those fixes ahead of time.

Octane boosting and high altitude do not go hand in hand. In fact, the higher you are in altitude, the lower you can go with octane. In fact, the lower octane you can use, the easier your engine will start. As long as it isn't knocking, low is good.

I use nothing but 85 octane in my HT engines and its a shame that they don't sell 76 octane fuel here because it would work with no detonation/preignition problems at our mile+ high altitude.

welcome
there are several different type of set ups which can also be pedalled easily

Quenton -- here on site -- has a neat new motor bike machine coming out soon

take your time -- look around -- get one -- and -- ride that thing

What part of the Rockies do you live in?

Because in the Boulder/Denver area you might not get a good reception but I wouldn't worry about it even so. I would suggest a Honda 4 stroke engine for reliability. If you are only going short distances and can afford it an electric is quieter; and I think the friction mount is the easiest to install/maintain overall.

Because in the Boulder/Denver area you might not get a good reception but I wouldn't worry about it even so. I would suggest a Honda 4 stroke engine for reliability. If you are only going short distances and can afford it an electric is quieter; and I think the friction mount is the easiest to install/maintain overall.

I've sold many bikes to folks from Boulder over the past 4 years. They all have been received well.

I lived there while in College and they seemed really into the peddling part but whatever.

Back