Hello from Saint Helens, OR

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mourkoth, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mourkoth

Mourkoth New Member

Hey, I have built several bikes. One front wheel friction bike made with a weed eater motor, a rear wheel friction bike made with a Homelite leaf blower motor and even one "Kit bike" from Zoomcycle motors. I am looking for like minded people to share ideas and maybe get together and join a rally or some related motor bike activity.

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Mo, you came to the right place. Welcome!

3. KeyWest

KeyWest Member

Welcome Mourkoth, make yourself at home here lots of idea's around,motorbiking is getting popular, we will probably start to see more rally-rides when spring arrives.

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Hey, Mourkoth, are you on the uphill side or the flat side of the highway? I ask because if you are on the uphill side you must have geared your bikes more for torque than speed. I have family in St. Helen's, and the surrounding area. My Mom was born there, as were half a dozen cousins. Really nice little town, in many ways.

There are several members from Portland, and if I remember correctly one from Ranier. My youngest son may be in that area within this next year - he's talking about moving back to Oregon.

I hope you can hook up with some riding buddies - there are some truly great side road trips back up into the Coast Range to be taken from there.

5. Mourkoth

Mourkoth New Member

gearing

I am on the up hill side. I can almost coast into town to get the milk, but when I am headed back home to West St Helens, or as the locals call it "Yankton" I have a bit of a hill to go up. So, I would like a bit more torque on the way home.