Hello from Saskatoon!

Big_Ben

Local time
1:26 AM
Hello! I'm Ben and I live in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. I first got interested in motored bikes when I saw one of **** billie's (I think that's his handle)board trackers. I'm just having a hard time finding a place to purchase parts as I can't fabricate them myself. Any suggestions would be welcome!

:D

Welcome aboard. There is a video floating around of a steam powered moped built by a guy in Saskatoon. You ought to check that out, find out if the guy is still around.

Wow that's really neat but I think that he's probably dead. He is "the late" Robert Grouse, a real shame but his bicycle I would bet is at the university museum.

and what's an HT and a rear rack mount? I was thinking about getting a worksman or one of those hot rod looking beach cruisers and making a little dealy like that, with an 80CC engine.

HT is the acronym for "Happy Times" engines, which is the label applied here to the really cheap (and cheaply made) 2 cycle chinese built engines which are probably the commonest after-market add-on power choice for bicycles.

A "rack mount" is a small engine mounted to a modified bicycle rack, either front or rear, and usually powering the bike by applying a driven roller against the tire to cause it to turn (friction drive). There are also rack mounted chain drive bikes, both regular chain (right) side, and off-side diven sprockets. The choices are various. Look around the site, read up on various people's implementation of the many choices, and decide what is best for your needs.

Back