Hello From St. Paul MN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by microage97, Jul 11, 2007.

1. microage97

microage97 Guest

Hello All,

I am new to Motorized Bikes, but not scooters. I just purchased a 80cc Chinese motor off of fleabay. I have a cheapy mountain bike from Walmart that really doesn't ride or peddle very well. I am looking to get a single speed cruiser from Target or Walmart to put this motor on.

Dave

2. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group! Make sure you keep us posted on your project's progress.

Dan

3. microage97

microage97 Guest

Thanks will do. The fleabay thing turned out to be a scam though. I am still looking.

Dave

4. Hey! welcome. PLEASE tell us which fleebay seller did your scam.
    I haven't generated enough money yet for an engine yet as well,and I don't want to fall victim.
    Are these chineese motors becoming scarce lately or can I wait a month to get mine?

5. microage97

microage97 Guest

No it wasn't a ebay seller, but some one that got my email addy from ebay and sent me an email pretending to be the seller...You can wait, I am sure and i will be waiting with you as well. I am sure they only make these motors by the boat load. :grin:

Dave

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
    glad you caught the scam Dave 8)

7. microage97

microage97 Guest

Thanks!

Dave

8. spunout

spunout Member

Welcome to MBc! 8)
    Happy :mrgreen:

9. Yea I'm cautious around craiglist. This seller I e-mailed afraid of being scammed and he e-mailed me back with his phone number and said that it would be cheaper going the craiglist route. Funny thing is that he had an ebay ad with positive feedback.
    I would go the ebay route even if it's the same guy. What's a few more dollars knowing your not gonna get scammed.
    ebay at least is insured and feedbacks are important.

10. microage97

microage97 Guest

Well that and if you put it on a credit card and something goes wrong it is much easier to get a credit back vs paypal's non-protection. Paypal doesn't really protect anyone, just take their fees ect. I got ripped off once a couple of years ago and they wouldn't do anything....

Dave

11. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

wellcome to MBC.allways good to see somebody new.althoug you choice in bikes concernes me u might want to consider a little better quality.i have a cheepo magna from freddys or something bought it off a guy whith brand new dax kit. so thats fine but it feels like the bike is going to rattle out from under me not very safe at all :shock: going to put it on a better frame,but thats your choice and your a** soo good luck and happy motoering.

12. microage97

microage97 Guest

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. I am on a holding patterning right now to save up some cash....

Dave

13. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome to MBc 8)