Hello from the backwoods of TN!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by andrewdavis19, Sep 12, 2008.

1. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Hi guys. I installed the 80cc HT on a m700 Cannondale and I love it! finally got it running last night. Everything went great except after i had made a few 1/2 mile jaunts I decided to show it to a friend that lives 4 miles away it threw the chain at 23 mph. I had checked all alignments and all that jazz before i started the engine. Was full on dark, so I just parked it. I'll work on it again tonight. I ordered it off ebay from this http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLACK-80CC-MOTOR-BICYCLE-ENGINE-KIT-BIKE-GAS-KITS_W0QQitemZ270261686119QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270261686119&_trkparms=72%3A552|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&timeout=1218561057480

Attached Files:

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome

should be some fine MB riding back there...

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

3. terrence

terrence Member

Welcome Andrew!
    Cool MB. The engine looks nice black with the bike. Do you suck exhaust with
    your muffler mounted upward? When you see your chain problem in the daylight post
    back with more details/symptoms.

4. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

I don't suck exhaust but it is very loud aimed up like that. Waiting until I have access to a torch to heat and bend it, so it will mount aimed down. My tensioner needed more adjustment (ie. hammertime!!11! and body grinder!!). Put 185 miles on it in 3 days! Love it. Only drove the car 1 mile down the road all weekend, and that was to get more gas for my bike!:cool:

Attached Files:

5. Maxx Ported

Maxx Ported Member

Welcome to the Site.get rid of the tensioner! The first time I ruined a NEW wheel, I never run the tensioner on any more of my builds (40+)I also put button head bolts on the sprocket, just incase it was to throw the chain, nothing to hang up on.
    Doesn't take much to bend the exhaust, no heat needed, just don't bend it while mounted
    Howard

Attached Files:

6. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Do you just take links out of the chain until it fits? I'm fairly sure that my chain has quit stretching so that could be an option for me.

7. Maxx Ported

Maxx Ported Member

Some times a link or two needs to be removed, I adjust my tension by installing a shim between the rear mount and the engine case, ( moves the engine forward)
    I have plenty, if you need some, usually use a 1/16-1/8 shim.

Attached Files:

8. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Installed a 2 LED taillight running off white wire. Dual 5 LED headlights. New Axiom rack bag. New 1.90 Kevlar slicks and extra thick tubes. Running Amsoil Saber at 32:1. Odometer sitting at 562 miles. Made a test run to work on Saturday. 25 miles one way. Here I sit at my desk after my first official commute. Made it in an hour! About froze my @ss off! Notice the 2 extra "fuel" bottles under my rack? 24 oz. Gatorade bottles are the cheap way to go. Keep the rubber side down! Holla @ the hillbilly.

Attached Files:

9. jmccrury

jmccrury Member

That's a nice setup. Are you running all of the lights off the white wire?

10. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Nope. Only thing running off white wire is the 2 LED (bottom) tail light. Headlights are battery powered. 4 aaa batteries each. Invested in rechargeables! Thinking off getting rid of the Cannondale and motorizing a cruiser. Just thinking at the moment. :-/

11. jmccrury

jmccrury Member

I have a mountain bike and thought that riding it wasn't bad until I went on a 13mi ride last week. Now I'm thinking about a cruiser too. I had been wanting to take it on a longer ride but after that I probably won't unless I get something more comfortable. I only live 3 miles from work so it's definitely not a bad ride there and back, but 25 miles would definitely be too long for my setup.

12. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Mine is a lot more comfortable now that I have the thick cushy spring seat and the cruiser bars. Also got some big fatty pedals to replace my racing clip-ins. I need a new stem that has at least 3 inches of rise and my bike will be about as comfy as it's going to get. Checked plug (NGK B7HS) at break a minute ago and she was black and sooty! It's been bogging under load and hard to reach top speed. I moved from 3rd notch to 2nd. Quick little ride in parking lot seems like it's pulling harder. Have to wait until ride home for full test. Oh, I need some cushy grips too if anyone has a link to a set that will work with the factory twist or will I have to get a whole new throttle with grip already on it? Man, I love this site and my "hawg"!! LoL!

13. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Picked up a couple new plugs yesterday. NGK BPR6HS Matched the thread and electrode length with the OEM junk China plug. The P stands for protruding electrode and the R stands for resistor. THe guy said it just keeps bike from setting off explosives and interferring with TV's. Seems to run a little stronger than the B7HS. Overslept this morning and had to drive the car. Ugghh!
    Bought a motorcycle (aluminum, streetbike) clutch lever assembly while I was there. It's sweet! Nice adjuster on it and easy to pull. I had been using a plastic one of a old junk bike after my original broke.
    I drilled three 5/16 holes in the end of my muffler end cap last night too. Seemed to make it a little easier to get and keep the motor "on the pipe". I have had **** getting this thing to do just that! It'll pull strong up until the top of the rpm, then fall on its face. Finesse the throttle a little and I can usually get it to come into power in the high rpm range. New plug and holes in the pipe seemed to help, and no I didn't do them at the SAME time! LoL! New plug, it helped a little. Later last night, drilled muffler, seemed to help a little more. BTW, I'm on the 2nd notch from top on needle. Holla!

14. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Put some planet bike fenders on the "hawg". I love them! If I knew they would look this good on there I would have done it a long time ago. Having hard timw finding a shock fork as the bike is freaking huge! Uses a 210mm length steer tube!! I'm 6'3" and I am on tip toes if I'm sitting on the seat. Also attached a pic of a secondary means of transport I got Saturday. Will be year and a half before he's ready though. LoL!

Attached Files:

15. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

Also picked up a planet bike pump. It's the little aluminum thingy on the seat post (right side). Haven't tried it yet, but it's got to be better than the Walmart POS I've been carrying!:grin: